• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,098 posts in this topic

"Zack Snyder failed ___". :roflmao:

And, as I've said before, I'm not basing my criticism alone on the merits of Twilight. Pattinson has not shown me, as a fan, that he can play Bruce Wayne or Batman. Stranger things have happened, but as a big Batman fan, this is an awful and depressing casting choice.

On 5/20/2019 at 5:48 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

It`s also a great business move if they want a younger mainstream audience involved.

This would be akin to hiring Leonardo DiCaprio after Titanic in the 1997-2000 period.

Batman is going to now be opened up to a whole new audience of fans.

I expect a big time backlash from old time die hard Batman fans just like what we saw with the last two Star Wars movies.

Should be interesting debates.

:popcorn:

It doesn't matter who plays Bruce Wayne / Batman in an upcoming film as long as the actor can act and the story is well done.

FYI the new Star Wars films were horrible. 

Edited by Artboy99

I think we should all reserve judgement here until we've seen what he does with the part.

When Jodie Whittaker was announced as the new Who I was appalled and mortified. I was convinced that she would be awful, having seen nothing in her work to suggest that she could pull it off. But, when her first season aired, and I finally got to see her in the role, I realised I was wrong. She was actually beyond awful. 

2 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I think we should all reserve judgement here until we've seen what he does with the part.

When Jodie Whittaker was announced as the new Who I was appalled and mortified. I was convinced that she would be awful, having seen nothing in her work to suggest that she could pull it off. But, when her first season aired, and I finally got to see her in the role, I realised I was wrong. She was actually beyond awful. 

Only you could get a Dr Who dig into a Batman thread!

:D 

7 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

It doesn't matter who plays Bruce Wayne / Batman in an upcoming film as long as the actor can act and the story is well done.

I'd say that's fair although the actor needs to be able to act Batman.

7 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

FYI the new Star Wars films were horrible. 

FYI there were no Star Wars films released after 1983. What are these "new" films you're talking about?

11 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Is it that bad?