• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free Comic Book Day 2016

106 posts in this topic

AVENGERS #1 FCBD

SUICIDE SQUAD #1 FCBD 2016 EDITION

ROM #0 FCBD 2016 EDITION

CAPTAIN AMERICA #1 FCBD 2016

LADY MECHANIKA #0 FCBD 2016 EDITION

ONE PUNCH MAN/MY HERO ACADEMIA FCBD 2016 EDITION

WORLDS OF ASPEN FCBD 2016 EDITION

I have a store here that is offering first 10 free and then as many as you want if you spend $10 in the store. They have sales as well, so I think that is a great store approach.

They have an omnibus I have been waiting to nab for the quick flip - hopefully I can snag it when the sale starts.

I will be glad to get all the books if I can so I can "flip" a bunch to my daughters, maybe something will stick. They seem to like certain titles but are resistant to becoming fans of comics in general.

Just picked mine up. How come noone told me Steve Rogers was back?

I grabbed

Captain America, Tick, Archie, Suicide Squad, Rom, Civil War ii, Bongo, Camp Midnight, Bob's Burgers, and Serenity.

It's great that some of you support your LCS.

My opinion, the 2,000 brick & mortar shops are the reason that this paper business is bucking the digital trend. They're outposts for fans, entry points for newbies & the petri dish for pop culture development.

Anyway...

This is how it usually goes down on the CGC forum.

You guys will identify one book as the "it" item of FCBD 2016.

You'll complain about availability, limits, condition ect.

You will then savage the retailers that could not provide you enough free items...

Then you'll come here & argue print runs.

:)

Happens every year.

FCBD is always a dash and grab around here, so I don't participate. However, if people like Larry are so put off by the whole event, perhaps next year, they could let us know when the FCBD issues appear in Previews? That way, we all can order the ones we want, ask the store to set them aside without stamping them, and then everyone's happy! :foryou:

I will go to my favourite LCS tomorrow and see what I can get from FCBD. Last year was not bad with a few good ones. Plus, I can pick up my orders there. Weather is good and sunny so it is a great time to go. :foryou:

My opinion, the 2,000 brick & mortar shops are the reason that this paper business is bucking the digital trend. They're outposts for fans, entry points for newbies & the petri dish for pop culture development.

Anyway...

You will then savage the retailers that could not provide you enough free items...

Happens every year.

FCBD is always a dash and grab around here, so I don't participate. However, if people like Larry are so put off by the whole event, perhaps next year, they could let us know when the FCBD issues appear in Previews? That way, we all can order the ones we want, ask the store to set them aside without stamping them, and then everyone's happy! :foryou:

However, if people like Larry are so put off by the whole event

Ha!

I have embraced FCBD since it's inception, buying in bigger each year.

Best day of the year for fans, industry outreach, families & newcomers.

I hate the CGC parasites stopping by for free lunch...

I Will be looking for the

DC Super Hero Girls 1

Rom 0

Avengers 1

Fun day, taking a bunch of kids from the neighborhood with me, if just one or two of them get into the hobby its worth dealing with the crowds. Usually don't look forward to going, and then get there and have a fun time :)

Anyway...

Happens every year.

I get my monthly order through the mail from a long-time friend who has a mail order business. I usually go to the local store for FCBD, but I recognize that the books aren't really "free", so I give them a little something for the ones I pick up.

Anymore its just become ridiculous. The lines to get in are just terrible along with an hour wait. Id like to buy comics while I am there, but its impossible due to crowds. My local shop dresses up and many in line do as well, but its just too many people in a smaller shop.

I just avoid it now.

Anyway...

Happens every year.

However, if people like Larry are so put off by the whole event

Ha!

I have embraced FCBD since it's inception, buying in bigger each year.

Best day of the year for fans, industry outreach, families & newcomers.

I hate the CGC parasites stopping by for free lunch...

The same parasites are on several websites now Larry. Single out this one

over some of the sites which are much worse is a bit much.