• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You just paid what?

55 posts in this topic

Sometimes I wonder about people. I was watching this auction out of morbid curiosity to see what it would go for. This seller has a full run of "NM" (mostly) ASM from 1-50. You can buy a slabbed 9.4 for what this guy paid for a raw NM #50, which based on the sellers feedback and other auctions is either restored or over graded badly.

ASM 50

Has allducksinarow been discussed on these boards? Name sounds familiar but I can't place the thread (shrug)

I never like bidding with someone who feels the need to hide stuff in teensy tiny print, like what he has at the bottom of his auctions.

Note to buyer: Everything contained in the title, pictures, and item description box in this listing is not me giving a description. The pictures are for you to make an approximation. Nothing is described in literal sense and pictures are not perfectly accuarate taken pictures. Also pictures do not show entire item. I have a %100 feedback for a reason. It’s becasue I do everything fair and honest. I do not accept returns and you agree that by bidding through purchasing my item you are not entitled to open a case through ebay against me or attempt a return in any way other than for shipping damages that the post office agrees to pay for only. Unfortunately every once in awhile I have had to deal with bad ebayers and I am not interested in dealing with dishonest people so I have to add this note. Thank you.

I never like bidding with someone who feels the need to hide stuff in teensy tiny print, like what he has at the bottom of his auctions.

Note to buyer: Everything contained in the title, pictures, and item description box in this listing is not me giving a description. The pictures are for you to make an approximation. Nothing is described in literal sense and pictures are not perfectly accuarate taken pictures. Also pictures do not show entire item. I have a %100 feedback for a reason. It’s becasue I do everything fair and honest. I do not accept returns and you agree that by bidding through purchasing my item you are not entitled to open a case through ebay against me or attempt a return in any way other than for shipping damages that the post office agrees to pay for only. Unfortunately every once in awhile I have had to deal with bad ebayers and I am not interested in dealing with dishonest people so I have to add this note. Thank you.

That disclaimer is awesome. HE doesn't like dealing with dishonest people? :facepalm:

I do not accept returns and you agree that by bidding through purchasing my item you are not entitled to open a case through ebay against me

Wow, that is pretty crazy...I assume you are still in your rights to open a case and then he will just say if you do, he will have a lawyer contact you to try and scar you out of it?

It's astonishing that any potential buyers at all go near someone with that attitude.

This one was my personal favorite.

"Everything contained in the title, pictures, and item description box in this listing is not me giving a description"

So elves take the pictures and write the descriptions?

If that's the name he gives to the voices in his head that tell him to do it.

It does sound a bit dissociated.

"Everything contained in the title, pictures, and item description box in this listing is not me giving a description"

If that's the name he gives to the voices in his head that tell him to do it.

:roflmao:

I do not accept returns and you agree that by bidding through purchasing my item you are not entitled to open a case through ebay against me

Wow, that is pretty crazy...I assume you are still in your rights to open a case and then he will just say if you do, he will have a lawyer contact you to try and scar you out of it?

That term, really the entire paragraph, is unenforceable. In fact it's attempted circumvention of eBays terms and policies. You simply cannot remove right of return and remedy from a buyer like that, not on eBay, not with PayPal.

Indeed this is the case. Eleven months of unemployment per year is tough. An Elf's gotta make a living somehow :taptaptap:

I suspect the book has been trimmed. And beyond that, it has a pretty nasty dust or sun shadow on the back cover. Danger, Will Robinson.

Agree.

I was looking at some of those books the other day and felt there may have been some trimming or micro trimming with several of them. I'm by no means a detection expert however some of those edges were too sharp for the age of those books IMO. If I'm gonna drop that kind of cash I need to be 100% certain.

"me posting this listing does not constitute me posting this listing, in fact Im not typing this sentence either"

I suspect the book has been trimmed. And beyond that, it has a pretty nasty dust or sun shadow on the back cover. Danger, Will Robinson.

Yes the 50 looks trimmed. No way to be sure from pictures but I sure wouldn't risk it. The #9 is color touched with no mention of CT so it doesn't exactly give one confidence that he would mention trimming on the 50

Sometimes I wonder about people. I was watching this auction out of morbid curiosity to see what it would go for. This seller has a full run of "NM" (mostly) ASM from 1-50. You can buy a slabbed 9.4 for what this guy paid for a raw NM #50, which based on the sellers feedback and other auctions is either restored or over graded badly.

ASM 50

Has allducksinarow been discussed on these boards? Name sounds familiar but I can't place the thread (shrug)

Briefly.

Also, he's had some issues in the past...

Feedback