• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You just paid what?

55 posts in this topic

This one was my personal favorite.

"Everything contained in the title, pictures, and item description box in this listing is not me giving a description"

So elves take the pictures and write the descriptions?

So according to that, you can't file an "item not as described" complaint, since, hey, there is no description!

This one was my personal favorite.

"Everything contained in the title, pictures, and item description box in this listing is not me giving a description"

So elves take the pictures and write the descriptions?

So according to that, you can't file an "item not as described" complaint, since, hey, there is no description!

That's what he's going for, no doubt. He fails,on that one too, given that the grade in the title counts as a description.

You know what really grinds my gears?

When people say a book is out of their 'Personal Collection'. What, like some books aren't yours, are they your friends books? Or, are you selling stolen property? Every book you own, is part of your 'Personal Collection' it doesn't make it any more important and turns me away every time. rantrant

Jerome

I have sold/transacted thousands of transactions in my life. Never once did I feel it necessary to state that I am honest.

I have been lied to and cheated though and every damn time the person stressed their 'honesty'.

"This listing in no way encompasses a complete and non redeemable legal contract vis-a-vis buyer/seller or participant/partner and in no way concludes a transaction if the transaction is concluded. All pictures are pictures only and not the actual item."

I have sold/transacted thousands of transactions in my life. Never once did I feel it necessary to state that I am honest.

I have been lied to and cheated though and every damn time the person stressed their 'honesty'.

"This listing in no way encompasses a complete and non redeemable legal contract vis-a-vis buyer/seller or participant/partner and in no way concludes a transaction if the transaction is concluded. All pictures are pictures only and not the actual item."

eBay actually requires you to list certain items with the words, "I guarantee that these are genuine and authentic items."

I also have to say that in my listings I try to put as minimal text as possible. Sometimes I feel the more text people have the more they are trying to hide something.

Just list what it is.

List the condition.

List any defects.

List how you will ship it and any other factors.

But keep it brief.

I remember one guy was trying to sell a supposed OA Flash infantino page. Someone had carefully traced the entire page including text. He was convinced it was legit, that Infantino had traced his own work to reproduce the page for a 'contest'.

Pages and pages of explanations, updates, disclamers, the works....

The ASM 50 is trimmed on all three sides...in fact, I would wager that the interior pages have been trimmed as well.

So many red flags with this seller.

What is the giveaway that this is trimmed?

not supporting the seller at all - just trying to learn

The ASM 50 is trimmed on all three sides...in fact, I would wager that the interior pages have been trimmed as well.

So many red flags with this seller.

What is the giveaway that this is trimmed?

not supporting the seller at all - just trying to learn

All three sides look too square and the interior pages are squared with the cover - not something you would typically see in a book from that period. The interiors would form a slight V shape when folded and would extend past the cover slightly to the right. Also, the bottom cut looks jagged to me.

I asked to see the inside of the front cover on the ASM 13 auction. The pic he sent me was angled in a way that didn't allow me to view the portion of the front cover with the black border - aka the part of ASM 13 that's always color touched.

I suspect the book has been trimmed. And beyond that, it has a pretty nasty dust or sun shadow on the back cover. Danger, Will Robinson.

Yes the 50 looks trimmed. No way to be sure from pictures but I sure wouldn't risk it. The #9 is color touched with no mention of CT so it doesn't exactly give one confidence that he would mention trimming on the 50

How can you tell there is CT by looking at a pic? Where do you see it on the ASM 9?

I suspect the book has been trimmed. And beyond that, it has a pretty nasty dust or sun shadow on the back cover. Danger, Will Robinson.

Yes the 50 looks trimmed. No way to be sure from pictures but I sure wouldn't risk it. The #9 is color touched with no mention of CT so it doesn't exactly give one confidence that he would mention trimming on the 50

How can you tell there is CT by looking at a pic? Where do you see it on the ASM 9?

Second picture. You can see the color bleed where they touched up the little tear on the open edge of the front cover.

Second picture. You can see the color bleed where they touched up the little tear on the open edge of the front cover.

Wow nice catch.