• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,136 posts in this topic

Thanks again Fay, I really appreciate your help, and getting this book really made my day! :foryou:

It's quite a community we have here. :applause:

Amen. Nice work, Fay! (worship) You truly have a big heart. :foryou:

Andy

(worship) (worship) Thank you Andy and coming from one of the

nicest guys on the boards is quite a compliment.

I told you Andy, my new out look on life this year is really working.

I seem to remember always getting a freebie from my purchases

from you and you're not too bad your self. (thumbs u

:foryou:

(worship) (worship) Thank you Andy and coming from one of the

nicest guys on the boards is quite a compliment.

I told you Andy, my new out look on life this year is really working.

I seem to remember always getting a freebie from my purchases

from you and you're not too bad your self. (thumbs u

:foryou:

:blush:

Just got a couple of neat books back from CGC.

21.jpg

23.jpg

Nice variants. Alot of people don't realize how rare they really are. (worship)

I was thinking what nice books, but I didn't notice they were the 30 cent variants. Impressive, indeed! :applause:

Andy

I love this cover and the tanks look awesome with the blue background.

Picture596.jpg

Another one of my many favorites.

Picture579.jpg

Another cool book and I love these 52 pagers. :cloud9:

Picture598.jpg

I should be showing you guys my new OAAW 242 and 244 and

both seem to be lost and each comic is from a different Canadian Seller.

No love this past month or so for Canada Post. :pullhair::censored:

So, last Saturday morning I'm sitting down to my first cup o' joe, and I log on to the boards and have a PM.

It happens to be from our own Fazybones, who had noticed that I was very eager to get a copy of OAAW 218, well she alerted me to a nice copy on Ebay, and I hit the BIN.

So many thanks to Fay for looking out for the Dog of War and helping me to acquire a semi-grail (worship)

Thanks Fay, you're the best!

OAAW218.jpg

That is awesome on so many levels... great board brother-and-sisterhood and a sweet-azz copy of one of the tougher BA OAAWs......

Nice ones all around.

She

Is a high grade SSWS #180 common or is it not? (shrug)

Thanks, Bill

Hey there,

Yup, it's a pretty common book. Basically, any issue from #170 right up to #204 will be very easy to find in VF, and not all that hard in NM if you're patient for a few weeks and know where to look.

Shep

Is a high grade SSWS #180 common or is it not? (shrug)

Thanks, Bill

HG, as in slabbed? It is not. There is 1 9.6 and no other copies graded. From 180 to 204 there are three issues which only have one graded copy and four issues which have no graded copies.

Do demand and prices realized have a lot to do with that? No doubt, but I have been looking for raw copies to submit on my own and finish out my Registry set and have not come across too many over the past 3+ years. VFs of later SSWS you can get all day long raw, but strict NM and above? Not from the major dealers I follow. I do not plan on finishing my set anytime in the near future. Almost half the issues I need don't even have a copy in the census.

The 190s are the toughest stretch by far. In fact, 3 out of the 4 "no copies graded" issues come from the 190s.

Another Bill

Edited by Weird

Thanks guys. The reason I asked is because I am currently waiting on that one cgc'd 9.6 copy to arrive in the mail. I knew that it was the only and highest graded copy but wanted to try and get a feel for how many other raw copies might be out there, in that grade.

Thanks guys. The reason I asked is because I am currently waiting on that one cgc'd 9.6 copy to arrive in the mail. I knew that it was the only and highest graded copy but wanted to try and get a feel for how many other raw copies might be out there, in that grade.

No problem. (thumbs u LMK if you ever decide to sell. :foryou:

I use Valiantman's site quite a bit when researching the Census. CGC should totally implement his work into their site. Their Census interface is a little clumsy and fairly tedious.

SSWS at Valiantman's Site

And I was not meaning to contradict you too much Shep, my experience has just differed for those later issues raw and I do a pretty good job of looking - I just don't take a lot of eBay chances anymore. Them not being slabbed I can totally understand - the demand is just not there.

Hey Bill,

No worries! I got most of my SSWS run #160-#205 in two largish chunks about 6 or 7 years ago (half when a large high grade collection showed at my LCS, the other half in San Diego.) so I've been out of that market a bit... just seems whenever I check SSWS on ebay, there are at least a few nice issues circulating regularly.

But ask me about upgrading certain issues of Unknown Soldier between #206 and #240.... there are a few issues in there that I have NEVER been able to upgrade. They're TOUGH!

Interesting....

Shep

BTW, I do believe that Star Spangled War Stories #180 was the first DC war comic I ever saw... it has always been a cover that is very dear to my heart.

I suppose no one has any idea where the original art to that issue is, do they?

Shep