• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,138 posts in this topic

Indeed, that was a great deal!!!

For collectors of nice mid-grade books (bronze and silver) I don't think the market has been this good in at least 10 years... people are giving away stuff that is not ultra high grade. Even clean VFs from the 1970-75 period seem to be going for bargains.

From a bronze perspective, if you can live with FNs.... you could put together some long and glorious DC runs (war, horror, Adams, etc...) on the supa-cheap.

Shep

Indeed, that was a great deal!!!

For collectors of nice mid-grade books (bronze and silver) I don't think the market has been this good in at least 10 years... people are giving away stuff that is not ultra high grade. Even clean VFs from the 1970-75 period seem to be going for bargains.

From a bronze perspective, if you can live with FNs.... you could put together some long and glorious DC runs (war, horror, Adams, etc...) on the supa-cheap.

Shep

That's true...you can even goes further back to mid-60s War. In FN, you can get some seriously nice deals...including some issues that you didn't ordinarily see 10 years ago even if you scoured the Internet or mail order dealers...

Jim

I wonder if it's a function of the internet/ebay just making more books available from more sources... or is it that as older collectors liquidate collections for whatever reasons, more books are coming into the market?

Either way, I'm grateful!

Shep

I wonder if it's a function of the internet/ebay just making more books available from more sources... or is it that as older collectors liquidate collections for whatever reasons, more books are coming into the market?

Either way, I'm grateful!

Shep

I believe it's more sources as well as an understanding that there's a market for the genre. For years, dealers with war comics didn't advertise them as it was seen as a genre with a very limited and small collecting base. I think that base has expanded over time and dealers have reflected that in bringing more to market...

Jim

The highest graded copies are selling for huge money. Anything close to the best is going for guide, and everything else is going for such little money. Nice time to be a buyer and not be picky. I wish I was completing runs right now.

Man, this thread is DEAD!!!

Here are two recent pickups... the nicest raw copies of either of these books I've seen...

This book is TOUGH in grade, and this one is ridiculously nice. Ebay pickup...

oaaw212.jpg

And this was a book I looked for for a long time in NM. This once came from our very own OCtober, here on the boards. Super sharp copy...

ssws249.jpg

:o WOW Shep!!! :cloud9: Those are awesome copies and as you know

the 212 is one of my favorite BA rock covers. :luhv:

It sure was painful watching that darn Lizards2 snag your copies of

235 and 237 on Sunday. :frustrated:

What's that damn BS saying again about all's fair in love and war

comics. :mad:

J/K Mike :baiting:

They couldn't have gone to nicer collector or board member. :)

weirdwar-7.jpg

Oooooooooooh, my single favorite Weird War.... this one has it all.... Killer Kubert cover, Alex Toth intro, and the amazing Bill Finger/Russ Heath joint 'Three Soldiers'.

So good... that book is what Bronze age war is all about.

Shep

Just bought this one from October. He graded it at 8.0/8.5. He also had a 9.0 but Foolkiller got his BIN in just ahead of mine. :mad:

Oh well, all's fair in love and war (comics)

gic138.jpg

Edited by Jeffro

Just bought this one from October. He graded it at 8.0/8.5. He also had a 9.0 but Foolkiller got his BIN in just ahead of mine. :mad:

gic138.jpg

Awesome books Fay and Jeff!!!

Man... I love this era of war comics... :cloud9:

Shep

gic138.jpg

Congrats Jeffro!

That's one of my favorite GICs, that's a great looking copy to boot (thumbs u