• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,136 posts in this topic

That one got my number one vote in the recent board contest for the best covers of the silver age.

Definitely my favorite out of all the nominations.

Marc

It was #2 for me. I can't believe it finished in the 30s. screwy.gif

I quoted your post and used the drop down box with Ubbc code and html. I still can't see the picture(because photobucket gets proxied out) but I figured everone else would. For some reason, I can never see that drop down box unless I quote someone's post.

Here's the copy that I pulled from the sealed multipack. Will be sent to grading hell eventually so last chance to see it in its raw state.

ssws1511rp.jpg

Boy, I didn't expect the grade on this book. Better for me but still highly unexpected. gossip.gifforeheadslap.gif

9.6 WP screwy.gif

What BS. How can that book get that grade with those defects? Freaking Hell, you're like Heritage for getting gift grades. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Well, as we all know sometimes scans make some defects (creases, etc) appear worse than they actually are.

To my eye, it was a solid 9.2 with an outside at 9.4, but if it has some of the qualities that don't show on a scan - like gloss, suppleness, and the most nebulous of all, 'feel' - then I can see a grader pushing it over the top.

Well done Greggy. I've got a couple of sealed multipak books myself. Maybe I should be snapping those badboys open!

Shep

893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks all. Yep, Superworld graded it NM-/NM. Pretty accurate though I'd lean towards the NM-. Beautiful white pages and great gloss though. More will be rolling in next week. Wait 'til you see the 141(purple covers are so cool). I love Superworld's prices, especially when they grade out.

Oh, you guys are great...I mean, look at these books!! I'm still trying for one of each DC War book, high grade is best of course, but not too worried about the grade right now. I'll take pretty much anything old if it's still on its staples. I just love these books that you're all showing off, oh, I've got them, but damn, nothing like those!! Heheheheh, oops, you've got me drooling now....

insane.gif

Andy

Oh, you guys are great...I mean, look at these books!! I'm still trying for one of each DC War book, high grade is best of course, but not too worried about the grade right now. I'll take pretty much anything old if it's still on its staples. I just love these books that you're all showing off, oh, I've got them, but damn, nothing like those!! Heheheheh, oops, you've got me drooling now....

insane.gif

Andy

Careful, Andy.... these boards can give you a serious case of upgrade-itus. Trust me... I have it!

So many passionate collectors on this list. So many killer books!

Shep