• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,139 posts in this topic

I'd be a liar if I didn't say I wasn't interested in the GI Combat #87. I know I should be satisfied with my existing copy... but boy that's a sweetie.

Granted, some heavy silver age key guy could come in and blow us all piddling hard core war collectors out of the water. I wish these kinds of books always stayed with the dyed in the wool war guys, but I know with keys anything goes.

But there are some other books in there I covet highly, particularly the OFF #35, which I think features the greatest ever frogman cover. It's just perfect in every way.

So, if I reach for the moon and fail, I'm still left with my existing and perfectly awesome GIC #87, and a big pile of cash with which to dry my tears!

Shep

Oh don't say that, Shep, you'll pick something up, I'm sure. Of course that's a book on my list as well, but I'm not sure what the high bid will have to be in order to take it. I'm also interested in the OFF #45, another (minor) key. shy.gif

Andy

Oh my dear lord! 893whatthe.gif

Any chance I'll hit power ball in the next couple of weeks? 893crossfingers-thumb.giffrown.gif

Yeah I looked at them the other day. Truly defines the meaning of scarce...at least coming from my world of relatively common bronze book bananza. I am in no way able to participate...but one day....one day....

But there are some other books in there I covet highly, particularly the OFF #35, which I think features the greatest ever frogman cover. It's just perfect in every way.

Shep

I was looking at the frogman book too, Shep...now I wouldn't mind dipping into those waters(I kill myself). ANyway, glad you liked the books, Shep. Thanks-John

Oh, and my favorite war movie after the Guns of Navarone? Victory...how can anyone not love Pele and Rocky in the same movie?

This arrived today courtesy of October and one of his recent War sales threads! Very little, comic related, makes me happier than finding a book with a Kanigher/Heath story that I had never seen before, Thanks Andy!

G-14.jpg

Hey guys,

Just giving a heads up that I'll be having a war comics sale starting on Friday June 29. Looking to be 100+ books, with the majority VF and better. Strong emphasis on bronze age Our Army at War and Sgt. Rock, but I should have books from all the titles in there.

I'm still compiling lists/grades/scans/prices and probably won't have a complete manifest until right before I post. I'll post another heads up closer to the date.

Thanks fellas.

Shep

Hey guys,

Just giving a heads up that I'll be having a war comics sale starting on Friday June 29. Looking to be 100+ books, with the majority VF and better. Strong emphasis on bronze age Our Army at War and Sgt. Rock, but I should have books from all the titles in there.

I'm still compiling lists/grades/scans/prices and probably won't have a complete manifest until right before I post. I'll post another heads up closer to the date.

Thanks fellas.

Shep

Any 10 cent greytones in there? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sadly, no 10 cent greytones.

Curiously, however, earlier this year I did seriously toy with off-loading all my silver age DC war books (everything pre-1968) to aid my pursuit of CGC 9.4 and better copies of bronze age Our Army at War books.

But I snapped out of it pretty quick!!

Shep

Hi guys,

Just an update on the war comics sale I have planned for this weekend. I was hoping that it would be this Friday or Satruday, but I'm a little behind in my scanning and grading. Also, a number of people have told me that they are away on Saturday.... so it's going to start on Sunday morning.

As I've gone through the books, about 90% of the sale will be Sgt. Rock and OAAW books. Some beauties in there too the average being 9.0, but a nice number of 9.2 - 9.4 copies as well. I would say there are about 80 of these, and then maybe a dozen or so G.I. Combats, including a few nice copies of some of the early 70s Heath issues, and the tough to find final issues in the run.

So... Sunday morning. I'll post a heads up here on the boards about 30 minutes beforehand.

My apologies for the shameless plug,

Shep