• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canteen Kate, Ghost Rider, Airboy/Valkyrie Hardcovers Heavy Discounts

65 posts in this topic

This is probably a mistake to be running a sales thread at the same time as Catrick...heck, I'll be visiting his thread more than mine. But, it is a thread I need to run. We will be moving soon and some may be aware that I have a small publishing company called Canton Street Press. I'd like to move fewer boxes of books when we do move. So, I want to offer up three of our titles at hefty discounts. I have a 100 or so copies of each book that I'd like to move. The prices below are for single copies shipped in the US. These will make great books for stores and conventions. If anyone is interested in multiple copies, I can certainly do better on the price. Just drop me a message and we can work something out.

Here is the fine print:

Shipping is included in the US.

Payment by Paypal, check/MO.

Returns within 7 days if not satisfied.

CANADA SHIPPING

If Paypal isn't lying to me, I should be able to ship one book for $9 to Canada. Two for $16 and three for $22. The three book box will be shipped by FedEx ground while 1-2 book package will be USPS First Class. Canada purchases will be Paypal only as that's apparently how I get the discounted rate (USPS.com rate is higher).

The books are:

Complete Golden Age Airboy and Valkyrie HC MSRP $25 - $10

Matt Baker's Canteen Kate HC MSRP $29 - $10

Original Ghost Rider Vol 1 HC MSRP $50 - $20

All books are Smyth sewn hardcovers. Canteen Kate was nominated for an Eisner Award in 2014. All three are an inexpensive way to read some great golden age books. Scans will follow in the next post.

Canteen Kate cover and some interior shots. This book collects all the Canteen Kate appearances from Fightin' Marines and Canteen Kate #1-3. It also includes the Matt Baker story "The Colonel's Daughter" from Fightin' Marines #15. Not exactly a tryout for Canteen Kate, but this story is from the first Fightin' Marines and is just before Kate's first appearance. It's not all out humor like Canteen Kate, but does use humor in the story.

This is the front cover...

CK01_zps504e056e.jpg

This is the concluding page to "Yokohama Melodrama" and the title page to "Sleepy Time Girl"

CK04_zps06a3e40f.jpg

This is the cover to Canteen Kate #1 as well as the opening page of a two page Kate text story with a nice B&W Kate illo at the top.

CK06_zps30cdb908.jpg

The Original Ghost Rider Vol 1 - collects stories from Ghost #1-5 and Tim Holt #11-15

Here are a few images. I propped the book up a bit to minimize glare and it looks like the book is narrower at the bottom. It's not, it is just the angle.

008_zpsio59b6qi.jpg

010_zpsh6vqfgsw.jpg

The next pic is the beginning of Tony Isabella's introduction.

007_zpszsj8lhxh.jpg

006_zpsa3efugfi.jpg

:takeit:

One each of all three for me, plus an extra Canteen Kate.

I loaned my Canteen Kate out, and I don't think I'm getting it back, lol

Wait, you loan stuff out? Can I send you a list? hm

Wait, you loan stuff out? Can I send you a list? hm

Books? Occasionally. Comics? NEVER! Nyahh!