• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best casting of actor to superhero?

50 posts in this topic

I thought so many have portrayed the characters well......Id go with:

Stewart as Professor X

RDJ as Tony Stark

Evans as Captain America

Hiddleston as Loki

Hemsworth as Thor

Anthony Hopkins as Odin (so I pretty much think they nailed the casting for THOR lol)

Snipes as Blade (I wouldnt have thought of that but when it was mentioned I totally agree)

Kelsey Grammer as Hank McCoy....

...and not a hero but J.K. Simmons as J Jonah Jameson was probably my fav of them all :)

Joshua

What about Terrence Stamp as General Zod? hm

Love it. He was great, of course. It's so funny to watch it today though. Everyone else is playing it camp and he's stone cold serious.

Supes II is one of those movies that has that nostalgic hold on me.

Next, Scarlett J is horrible as Black Widow. As beautiful as she is, I wince when I see her trying to pull it off. She shines in Lost in Translation and Ghost World but little else.

+1000

I think she is a fine actress, but she was a "turrible" pick to play the Black Widow. They needed someone taller, more physical and someone who gives off a more foreign, if not more Russian, vibe. I think Milla Jovovich would have been a great pick, or at least someone in that mode - tall, lithe, physical and with a dangerous foreign sensibility.

Count me in the pro-Hugh Jackman camp. He might not have leapt out of the pages of the Uncanny X-Men, but, boy, did he make that character his own. Now, most of the world undoubtedly thinks of him and the characteristics he imbued in his portrayal of the character when they think of Wolverine as opposed to the comic book version.

I like Chris Evans, though am not convinced that the role was so challenging that it couldn't have been capably filled by someone else; I feel similarly about Hemsworth as Thor. RDJ has been fantastic as Iron Man; he was just the perfect pick for the role. That said, I don't view any of those roles as being as challenging as what Jackman had to do with bringing such a beloved, iconic character as Wolverine to the silver screen, despite not looking much like the 5'3" comic book version. That was a much tougher and riskier task, and he pulled it off, which is why he's the ^^ in my book.

Bests:

Mark Hamill- Joker

Alfred Molina- Doc Ock

Worsts:

Hugh Jackman is the polar opposite of what Wolverine is in the comics. I'm looking forward to his departure from the films and a proper re-cast.

Scarlett Johanson- for the reasons already stated.

-J.

Yeah -- I would have much preferred Emily Blunt as Black Widow.

Not buying the story that she had to "drop out" due to scheduling conflicts with Gulliver's Travels -- think it's far more likely that Disney dropped her in favor of the far more popular & well-known ScarJo.

At least we've since seen Blunt's star rise in films ranging from Looper and Edge of Tomorrow to the forthcoming Girl on the Train.