• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,416 posts in this topic

On 10/11/2023 at 1:56 AM, Turnando said:

I think your seller was in line in front of me at the Post Office today.

Dude was mailing something in one of those ridiculous white plastic mailing bags. 

Post Office guy asks, "Anything hazardous, fragile, or perishable in the package?".... and the guy answers, "Yes.  Fragile.  Cheapest method please."

That's the guy. If you see him again, punch him for me please. In the nicest way possible, of course. 

On 10/11/2023 at 2:49 AM, fantastic_four said:

How about we skip nice and go right to a solution that hopefully prevents the same problem in future generations?  :sumo:

superman-ball.gif

What percentage of my refund is that worth? I feel it's worth something for pure satisfaction. 

On 10/11/2023 at 5:14 PM, whisp said:

I built this dice tower for my D&D Legend of Drizzt board game.  Made of a shoebox, egg cartons, duct tape, popsicle sticks, thin cardboard boxes, hot glue and paint.  Cost was roughly $20 in supplies.

dice1.jpg

dice2.jpg

dice4.jpg

dice5.jpg

dice6.jpg

towerdone1.jpg

towerdone2.jpg

desktopdrizzt.jpg

tabletop2.jpg

Nice work!!

On 10/11/2023 at 3:14 PM, whisp said:

I built this dice tower for my D&D Legend of Drizzt board game.

Wow, that looks great!

It looks like you have one of the miniatures primed and attached to a pill bottle handle, ready to paint. 

Are you going to paint the minis? Post some photos if you do.  I'm going to try to paint mine.  I'm going to use the Legend of Drizzt Visual Dictionary as a guide.  I just bought it.  It is getting cheap, like $17.

I played the game a few times by myself last week and lost both times :)

On 10/12/2023 at 6:34 AM, Turnando said:

Wow, that looks great!

It looks like you have one of the miniatures primed and attached to a pill bottle handle, ready to paint. 

Are you going to paint the minis? Post some photos if you do.  I'm going to try to paint mine.  I'm going to use the Legend of Drizzt Visual Dictionary as a guide.  I just bought it.  It is getting cheap, like $17.

I played the game a few times by myself last week and lost both times :)

Yeah as I get time I am going to paint the minis.  Drizzt is ready on that stand.  There is tutorials on youtube for a lot of the minis and the set.  However I am not going to pay outrageos prices for custom D&D paint sets.  I will just make a pallette and mix and go from there.

I have played the first mission 6 times and won 5 times and lost 1 time.  Don't forget Drizzt attacks twice and how to use your stance.  Makes it pretty simple.  On two of the games I leveled up to lvl 2 as well for rolling hard 20.  I have the board now setup for adventure 2 but got busy making the tower lol.

On 10/11/2023 at 5:14 PM, whisp said:

I built this dice tower for my D&D Legend of Drizzt board game.  Made of a shoebox, egg cartons, duct tape, popsicle sticks, thin cardboard boxes, hot glue and paint.  Cost was roughly $20 in supplies.

dice1.jpg

dice2.jpg

dice4.jpg

dice5.jpg

dice6.jpg

towerdone1.jpg

towerdone2.jpg

desktopdrizzt.jpg

tabletop2.jpg

Really nice job!!

On 10/17/2023 at 3:24 AM, Cat said:

Who said I got something new?

20231017_125154.thumb.jpg.fe047cfd1aa99fd979931e7d8c920a76.jpg

Looks like the unfortunate photographer who had to shoot a pic of the Empire's worst scout trooper said it.  :baiting:

Which is probably a cue for someone to revive the shameful pic of me in a Magneto helmet that circulated the forums a decade or so ago.  :blush:

Picked up a bunch of things at NYCC and while waiting in line or on the train... or on the way back and forth... 

1st the Lego

I had (and still have) the original version of this from the late 80's.  It was one of my favorite sets as a kid.  After seeing what they did with the Lion Knight's castle and the Galaxy Explorer I had to pick up this set as it has been dramatically improved.  I forgot to take a picture of the back so I stole it from Lego.com.  What used to be a base plate has been brick built so it is now modular so it can be condensed into the fortress but unfolded to create various setups.   I was also glad that they added some sort of ship to the set which was not the case in the 80's.

IMG_7538.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 11.12.34 PM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

I always regretted selling Snake Eyes v40.  It was not the most articulated but I really liked the mold and sculpt.  It was not wirey like the Ultimate Snake Eyes in the modern era that has a body like Spider-man but it has a nicer more full sculpt.  Figured I would also pick up that 50th Anniversary Stormshadow.  I sold off almost everything from GI Joe, 3.75" but knew that I would eventually buy back a few things I felt I could not live without.  These two were worth repurchasing. 

The Disney Droid is the bartender droid R2-S4M.... So why not have a Sam the Bartender.  

Picked up Klatauu at NYCC.  The figure was package fresh with weapon and I wanted a duplicate. 

Gentle Giant R2-D2 is supposedly sold out so I grabbed it when I saw it at Gentle Giant's display.  It's the droid factory version so the third leg is removable. 

71946476972__9E554216-7E0C-445B-BF4F-EAEF095CB77D.jpeg