• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,347 posts in this topic

Also, one day I'm going to straight up rip off your night force black light display idea, fair warning! ;)

I have a little blacklight area by my Pac-Man coin op, with some glow in the dark toys and stuff. Of course, first I need some Night Force vehicles!

2 hours ago, comicwiz said:

@STORMSHADOW_80 I saw a beautiful wooden table just like yours at the curb yesterday. It was in perfect condition, and even had drawers beneath. I kept looking at it thinking I could make it work somehow, but it was too large. Seeing your setup now, I should have taken it and figured something out even if I had to rent a room to use it. :smirk:

55 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

DUDE!

Thanks fellas! I love repurposing furniture. The table my Flagg is on was a curbside find that i repainted. At the time I didn't have my Flagg but thought it would be cool to go over my kids toy bins and in the back of my mind I was thinking maybe someday a Flagg. It has wheels so I can move the Flagg out from time to time and is just narrow enough that my couch fits next to it so it doesn't quite take up the whole room.

I kind of had the coffee table idea for a bit then i saw the diorama Bobbyskullface did of the Star Wars cantina and I was sold on it. His was an ikea table already made for it but it was a little too small.

5 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Also, one day I'm going to straight up rip off your night force black light display idea, fair warning! ;)

I have a little blacklight area by my Pac-Man coin op, with some glow in the dark toys and stuff. Of course, first I need some Night Force vehicles!

That would be sweet! Its awesome how the Nightforce stuff glows. Whats weird is the Night Raven doesnt even thogh it is the same black and orange color scheme sans glow in the dark stickers. Happy hunting out there. I have my eye out for the triple T NF (Night Raider) :smile:

Thank god I didn't post my pathetic pic tonight. 

Very nice Transformers grouping.  The Star Wars collection is cool set of figures, not really any of the common/less desirable figures. 

Jealous.  I now hate you, Kentucky, the older man, and Craigslist. 

Patrick

7 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Thank god I didn't post my pathetic pic tonight. 

Very nice Transformers grouping.  The Star Wars collection is cool set of figures, not really any of the common/less desirable figures. 

Jealous.  I now hate you, Kentucky, the older man, and Craigslist. 

Patrick

Let's see your pic! I've been very lucky lately, but it'll dry up soon. It's boom or bust around here. All toy picks are equal in the eyes of the Plastic Gods! 

Yeah, I was thrilled with the Transformers, particularly because Prowl and Mirage were the first two I ever owned, and I still didn't have them in my adult collection. I was also missing Trailbreaker and Jazz, so happy to have those as well. I'm keeping the Hound and Thundercracker as upgrades, going to sell the ones I had.

I'm afraid this might reignite the Star Wars fever as well. I've been totally out of SW for about 20 years now, but this brought the nostalgia roaring back. 

Hating me is a valid responses for a variety of reasons, and I'm not so big on Kentucky outside of my beloved Louisville. But don't hate the old guy! He was really nice! Regardless, Patrick, we still welcome you with open arms! :foryou:

I'm just always impressed that kids were this organized and good to their toys.  

Having accessories is one thing.  But on the sprues and unapplied stickers is futz. 

The Hound caught my eye.  Nice piece.  

It's not just Kentucky.  CL used to be "the place" and dried up a few years ago.  I know a lot has transitioned to FB, but forget that place. 

Patrick

4 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Let's see your pic! I've been very lucky lately, but it'll dry up soon. It's boom or bust around here. All toy picks are equal in the eyes of the Plastic Gods! 

Yeah, I was thrilled with the Transformers, particularly because Prowl and Mirage were the first two I ever owned, and I still didn't have them in my adult collection. I was also missing Trailbreaker and Jazz, so happy to have those as well. I'm keeping the Hound and Thundercracker as upgrades, going to sell the ones I had.

I'm afraid this might reignite the Star Wars fever as well. I've been totally out of SW for about 20 years now, but this brought the nostalgia roaring back. 

Hating me is a valid responses for a variety of reasons, and I'm not so big on Kentucky outside of my beloved Louisville. But don't hate the old guy! He was really nice! Regardless, Patrick, we still welcome you with open arms! :foryou:

Amazing find... you are absolutely right... on a lot of those figures... just clean, no fading, nothing chipped or broken.  Hell of a find. 

7 hours ago, followtheleader said:

I'm just always impressed that kids were this organized and good to their toys.  

Having accessories is one thing.  But on the sprues and unapplied stickers is futz. 

The Hound caught my eye.  Nice piece.  

It's not just Kentucky.  CL used to be "the place" and dried up a few years ago.  I know a lot has transitioned to FB, but forget that place. 

Patrick

Yeah, I couldn't believe how organized and clean everything was. The thing that kills me is that I KNOW somewhere there is a bag or box with all of the Star Wars accessories. There has to be. The figures themselves are in BEAUTIFUL shape, the capes are perfect, no tears to the arm holes, etc. The fact that the figures are still so perfect, and that there wasn't a single accessory in the case, coupled with how the Transformers were kept so meticulously, tells me that the the weapons have to be there somewhere. Of course, they may have been lost long ago, but I have a nagging feeling that they're there, somewhere. The guy has my number, I told him that if he turns up any more parts or pieces, anything plastic at all, to give me a call, and I'll buy them from him.

Yeah, CL has been totally dead for quite a while, I was amazed this was out there. I think the fact that the stuff hadn't sold after being up for 12 hours or more illustrates how slow moving it is over there now.

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Amazing find... you are absolutely right... on a lot of those figures... just clean, no fading, nothing chipped or broken.  Hell of a find. 

Thanks man! Yes, the SW figures I couldn't believe how clean they were. They look like they hadn't been touched at all, and with the TF stuff, considering that a lot of the missiles were still on the trees, some of the stickers hadn't been applied, etc I'm thinking they weren't really played with. I couldn't believe my eyes. I wonder how long they've been sitting in that shoe box? Insanity. I'm still stoked!

Edited by F For Fake

1 hour ago, comicwiz said:

@F For Fake sweet haul!  My favourite from the lot is the Droids factory R2 - but the story is awesomesauce!

Thanks friend! I was excited to share the story because

1. None of my friends or family really care about this stuff, so they don't "get" how cool this find was

and 

2. I want everyone to keep on digging out there! Stuff is sitting in shoeboxes in garages, waiting to be found!

YES, I never had the Droid Factory R2 before, so I wasn't exactly sure what it was at first, because I didn't remember the vintage line having an R2 with the third leg. Once I identified it, I was pretty stoked!

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Side note... I ordered on Monday and yesterday, Wednesday, received my SDCC Luke 3 Pack from Hasbro pulse. That was insanely quick.

I have to say, I've been impressed with Pulse's shipping so far, especially since I signed up during the promo period to get it free for a year.

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

I have to say, I've been impressed with Pulse's shipping so far, especially since I signed up during the promo period to get it free for a year.

Agreed.  Their competence in their first year is leaning me toward an actual subscription when the time comes.  So far they have had better availability for some things than Amazon and their pricing is very competitive. 

Thats one awesome haul @F For Fake

Just like that you got some clean G1 pieces to be proud of. Ive been seeing some G1 stuff around here lately. It almost make me want to expand my Transformer collection, but I have to pick my battles sometimes and I'm pretty much maxed out on the space I have. Luckily Ive been able to help my buddy out finding pieces he needs.

1 hour ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Thats one awesome haul @F For Fake

Just like that you got some clean G1 pieces to be proud of. Ive been seeing some G1 stuff around here lately. It almost make me want to expand my Transformer collection, but I have to pick my battles sometimes and I'm pretty much maxed out on the space I have. Luckily Ive been able to help my buddy out finding pieces he needs.

Thanks bud! Yeah, these instantly became some of the nicest pieces in my G1 collection, I'm really happy with them. Someone on the TFW2005 boards just pointed out that Jazz has the Diaclone stickers with him, so he is evidence of Diaclone reboxing, and also, the hood tampo is upside down! I hadn't noticed at all! So that is another neat little extra.

I 100% understand about choosing your battles. I am at the point where I have sold, or am getting ready to sell off, most of my contemporary stuff, and just focus exclusively on vintage, as that's where my heart is. Lots of cool toys out nowadays, but I get such a big kick out of the old stuff.