• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Back issue road trip report! (part 2 added)

69 posts in this topic

Finally, around 2 or 3, people started setting up. I helped Dale get his booth together for awhile and did some shopping at a dealer named Mark's booth. I'd bought from him in the past, and his prices are fair. He also manages to have some offbeat stuff, so I was happy to get some earlyish Mystery in Space issues, some early silver romance, and some pre-code horror.

Thank you for the purchases Andy....you were great to deal with! Feel free to stop by any major convention I am at....I am usually one of the most dealer friendly sellers to buy from.

Congrats on an awesome weekend of buying....you have a ton of great stuff in those pics!

Hey Mark. Didn't know that you were a member. Thanks for the books!

Mostly a lurker....but will have something to say every once in a while....

Good report!

I heard it was a dangerous Con to attend, given some of the suspicious characters hanging around.

895132793_o.jpg

WOW!!!! Great hauls. I hope to be able to do this. someday.

To make this work it sounds like you should probably have $8-12K handy for these junkets.

Great read/story and nice haul.

I like that you didn't paint it as a perfect rosy picture, although the outcome is rosy.

It's a lot of hard work and beating the bushes to finally settle a nice score.

Many times, people think this just falls in your lap and you're lucky but there's

a lot of time and money invested to get this type of end result.

Very true. This took a decent amount of work.

Flying to/from Philadelphia is an investment of time and money for sure. And it's not like you were getting books for pennies on the dollar, this guy had a sense of their value I assume.

Great read/story and nice haul.

I like that you didn't paint it as a perfect rosy picture, although the outcome is rosy.

It's a lot of hard work and beating the bushes to finally settle a nice score.

Many times, people think this just falls in your lap and you're lucky but there's

a lot of time and money invested to get this type of end result.

Very true. This took a decent amount of work.

Flying to/from Philadelphia is an investment of time and money for sure. And it's not like you were getting books for pennies on the dollar, this guy had a sense of their value I assume.

He did.

You also have to factor in all of the time I spent chasing dead ends. Leads don't generate themselves.

Finally, around 2 or 3, people started setting up. I helped Dale get his booth together for awhile and did some shopping at a dealer named Mark's booth. I'd bought from him in the past, and his prices are fair. He also manages to have some offbeat stuff, so I was happy to get some earlyish Mystery in Space issues, some early silver romance, and some pre-code horror.

Thank you for the purchases Andy....you were great to deal with! Feel free to stop by any major convention I am at....I am usually one of the most dealer friendly sellers to buy from.

Congrats on an awesome weekend of buying....you have a ton of great stuff in those pics!

Hey Mark. Didn't know that you were a member. Thanks for the books!

Mostly a lurker....but will have something to say every once in a while....

Mark is one cool dude! So says me.

Great story. Thanks for sharing

Nice report and I love your taste.

That Super DC Giant -21 has a great cover and the Showcase #79 has a cool green cover which is so hard to find in high grade.

BTW the other books are not so bad as well :applause:

Nice work!

Alex

How does one obtain the money for this type of binge? I only can dream to buy all this sweet books in 4/5 days. (worship)

he ain't buying them to hoard them.