• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is THANOS ever going to show up as a villain in a Marvel Movie?

22 posts in this topic

made his first appearance in Avengers summer of 2012, 4 years ago. Last appearance on the big screen was 2 years ago in GOTG. From what I've read in GOTG 2 he's not the main villain though I'm not sure he's appearing in the movie or not. So barring any post credit scene in Doctor Strange, we are looking at another year with no Thanos.

Is he not the main villain in AVG 3? next year?
Yes, but the next Avengers movie is in 2018. Thanos was in the post credits of AoU. Only significant role he actually played was GOTG though.

6 years later what a rip off

Maybe 6 years for us but just a few moments for Thanos.

Besides, you really think the initial Avengers team was enough to take him on? Would have been way too rushed if Avengers 2 was Infinity War rather than AoU. They haven't even revealed all the infinity stones yet.

It would have been cool if they were coming out with 3 - 4 movies a year & pulled it off faster though.

What if?: lol

Iron Man 2 - 2010

Thor - 2010

Captain America - 2010

The Avengers - 2011

Iron Man 3 - 2011

Thor 2 - 2012

Captain America 2 - 2012

GOTG - 2012

Ant-Man - 2013

Avengers 2 - 2013

Doctor Strange - 2013

Captain America 3 - 2014

GOTG 2 - 2014

Thor 3 - 2014

Black Panther - 2014

Spider-Man - 2015

Avengers 3 - 2015

Ant-Man 2 - 2015

Doctor Strange 2 - 2015

GOTG 3 - 2016

Black Panther 2 - 2016

Captain Marvel - 2016

Inhumans - 2016

Avengers 4 - 2017

Spider-Man 2 - 2017

Ant-Man 3 - 2017

Doctor Strange 3 - 2017

Nick Fury - 2018

Black Panther 3 - 2018

Captain Marvel 2 - 2018

Inhumans 2 - 2018

Black Widow - 2019

World War Hulk - 2019

Avengers 5 - 2019

Spider-Man 3 - 2019

Iron Man 4 - 2020

Nick Fury 2 - 2020

Captain Marvel 3 - 2020

Inhumans 3 - 2020

We've been waiting decades for Marvel to bring the Avengers to life, so 6 years is nothing imo & we've had plenty of films to entertain us in between.

I hope the CGI improves, because Thanos’ skin looks like plasticine to me. Not impressed so far.

Is he not the main villain in AVG 3? next year?
Yes, but the next Avengers movie is in 2018. Thanos was in the post credits of AoU. Only significant role he actually played was GOTG though.

I thought they blew establishing Thanos as a complete bad in GOTG. I know they wanted to show the team unit BUT I felt the movie basically established Thanos as a letting Ronan walk all over him. Thanos could have and should have been established as an absolute monster and dropped in when the Guardians were battling Ronan. It would have worked perfectly if he dropped in destroyed Ronan with the Stone and just leaves the Guardians holed up in Groot's nest as they are insignificant to Thanos at that time. Instead Ronan walks all over Thanos, you get the feel good cliche team uniting feel good ending, and Thanos further looking like a person_without_enough_empathy proclaiming fine I'll do it myself in AoU which is what he should have broke out and done when Ronan turned on him in GOTG.

This is what I am seeing with the lead up to Thanos...

November 2016 - Dr Strange will be a stand alone movie like Ant Man opening a new area of the Marvel cinematic universe - this will be separate from the main storyline until what I expect to be some after credits scene that has something to do with Strange needing to seek out the Avengers or something as a THREAT is coming (Thanos)

May 2017 - Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - I guarantee you that whatever happens in that movie involves Peter Quill saying something like “We HAVE to get back to Earth to warn them” or something like that at the very end. That will have nothing to do with the main Avengers storyline until the end.

July 2017 - Spider-man Homecoming - Iron Man is in that one but I don’t think that Spider-man will be part of the Infinity War Part 1 or 2 himself.

November 2017 - Thor Ragnorak: Thor and Hulk go on a road trip. Again... this takes place at the same time as Civil War chronologically - I could also see them saying that at the end... we have to get back to earth.

February 2018 - Black Panther - THIS is where the Avengers storyline picks up. I expect the government to challenge Wakanda for holding Bucky and providing Sanctuary for the Avengers. OR I could see internal problems in Wakanda as the nation is divided over providing sanctuary for the Avengers. All I know is that this will be a direct lead in to Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 which comes out that May. Maybe it is at the end of Black Panther where Thanos reveals himself.

Now... what if Marvel gets the rights to the Surfer and Galactus? What if Thanos uses the Gauntlet to send Galactus to Earth first?

What if Thanos uses the Gauntlet to send Galactus to Earth first?

What if the Guardians make a deal that Galactus is free to have Earth if he helps them defeat Thanos, and that leads in to Phase 4 and defending Earth against Galactus?

This is what I am seeing with the lead up to Thanos...

November 2016 - Dr Strange will be a stand alone movie like Ant Man opening a new area of the Marvel cinematic universe - this will be separate from the main storyline until what I expect to be some after credits scene that has something to do with Strange needing to seek out the Avengers or something as a THREAT is coming (Thanos)

May 2017 - Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - I guarantee you that whatever happens in that movie involves Peter Quill saying something like “We HAVE to get back to Earth to warn them” or something like that at the very end. That will have nothing to do with the main Avengers storyline until the end.

July 2017 - Spider-man Homecoming - Iron Man is in that one but I don’t think that Spider-man will be part of the Infinity War Part 1 or 2 himself.

November 2017 - Thor Ragnorak: Thor and Hulk go on a road trip. Again... this takes place at the same time as Civil War chronologically - I could also see them saying that at the end... we have to get back to earth.

February 2018 - Black Panther - THIS is where the Avengers storyline picks up. I expect the government to challenge Wakanda for holding Bucky and providing Sanctuary for the Avengers. OR I could see internal problems in Wakanda as the nation is divided over providing sanctuary for the Avengers. All I know is that this will be a direct lead in to Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 which comes out that May. Maybe it is at the end of Black Panther where Thanos reveals himself.

Now... what if Marvel gets the rights to the Surfer and Galactus? What if Thanos uses the Gauntlet to send Galactus to Earth first?

Spidey will be in Infinity War. I guarantee it. (thumbs u

I like that they have been setting up Thanos as more than a two-dimensional villain. Other than Loki (and kinda Helmut Zero) the other villains have been kinda lackluster. At this point we have seen Thanos enough to think of him as a serious threat. I kinda do t want to see him again until Infinity War. The snippets here and there have been very satisfying, especially knowing what they are about to do with him.

I thought they blew establishing Thanos as a complete bad in GOTG. I know they wanted to show the team unit BUT I felt the movie basically established Thanos as a letting Ronan walk all over him. Thanos could have and should have been established as an absolute monster and dropped in when the Guardians were battling Ronan. It would have worked perfectly if he dropped in destroyed Ronan with the Stone and just leaves the Guardians holed up in Groot's nest as they are insignificant to Thanos at that time. Instead Ronan walks all over Thanos, you get the feel good cliche team uniting feel good ending, and Thanos further looking like a person_without_enough_empathy proclaiming fine I'll do it myself in AoU which is what he should have broke out and done when Ronan turned on him in GOTG.

The writers and directors of the 'Infinity War' movies have a lot of making up to do in order to present Thanos as a terrifying threat.

I also hope they do something about his baby blue eyes :sick:

I'm getting a pattern of Marvel hate here from you. Seems a trend lately.

If you are so unhappy with them...why do you keep going to see their movies?

I'm getting a pattern of Marvel hate here from you. Seems a trend lately.

If you are so unhappy with them...why do you keep going to see their movies?

I gave Civil War a 3 out of 5. :shrug:

Also I wasn't aware that we weren't allowed to be critical of Marvel. I guess we can be critical of everything else but Marvel/Disney is off limits.

:facepalm: