• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone had a bad experience with heritage auctions?

16 posts in this topic

Next to eBay, I buy from Heritage more than anyone or any other entity. The quality and range of the material in their auctions is top notch, and they have outstanding customer service and a great website. I've only once had an issue arise and that was quickly resolved to my satisfaction. I highly recommend Heritage and suggest looking at their auctions regularly, as you'll see an amazing array of comics.

Depends on if you are buying raw or CGC'd.

CGC'd, buy all day if you can. They ship quickly and securely.

Raw, just like most dealers, it's hit and miss.

I bought Raw books from them graded VF/NM that look NM, and others that look VF at best. But the one thing with Raw books (especially SA) is a lot of them had lesser page quality then I would normal buy. In other words, structurally they were in the grade or above, but if you got them CGC'd they would be Cr/OW at best.

Yeah secure shipping is one of my high concerns. Ive had too many cracked slabs in the post from people who dont realise how fragile they are. Maybe as this is a compnay they will understand how brutal the postal services can be.

I ordered a few raw comics and a cgc from milehigh comics. Hope they package securly aswell 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've bought several times from Heritage, including one auction from eBay. I'm very happy with them. I always pay the day after the auction ends and I always have my books within a week. I've only bought raw books from them, but they have enormous scans so you can see every flaw magnified. Just be aware that they pop up the brightness on the scans so the books look a bit "shinier" than they may in person.

Grading on raw books can be hit or miss. I bought a Shock Suspenstories #6 in FN a long time ago that could get VF if slabbed. But I've also seen FN/VF books on the site that should be FN or worse. Use your own judgement when bidding and remember the vig and shipping which can add quite a bit to the total cost.

Won a lot that differed from the auction description. After a week of unanswered e-mails, I finally got someone on the phone after being put on hold for awhile. The guy on the other end, Surley(?), said an error had been made and wondered what I wanted them to do about it. I told them to forget about it as sending the comics back, though a refund was never offered, was a bigger pain than keeping the comics...

Jim

Agree on the CGC books, they package very secure and ship as soon as they are paid.

Raw books have definately been more miss than hit lately. Some pretty nice books I won recently that were advertised as NM- were no better than VF/VF+, which is not bad but you must realize you are paying more for it than you would normally get it from, lets say Ebay Auctions.

Agree on the CGC books, they package very secure and ship as soon as they are paid.

Raw books have definately been more miss than hit lately. Some pretty nice books I won recently that were advertised as NM- were no better than VF/VF+, which is not bad but you must realize you are paying more for it than you would normally get it from, lets say Ebay Auctions.

Point taken smile.gif I'll probably stick with CGC books just now and only buy raw books from there on the cheap. i tend to get most of my raws off ebay and milehigh comics anyways.

Thanks for the kind words, nice to hear something positive once in a while!

I mentioned this in another thread, we are always willing to listen if a problem arises with grading. We do miss something once in a while, but I feel like if you buy a VF from us, it is just as likely to be a VF+ as a VF-. I grade most of the higher end books, and I'm grading them like I think CGC would, and I send them more books than just about anybody.

I've never had a problem buying from their auctions of their merchandise (as opposed to the auctions they run for others). The packing is very good and if you buy multiple items it is eventually worth what they charge you for it (there's always the concern about winning a single $1 item and having to pay $6.50+ shipping...)

I do appreciate the huge scans.

On some of the expensivish (stuff that guides for over $50, let's say) raw books they sometimes give a "guaranteed" minimum CGC grade, which is nice to see. Of course, not every book will be worth slabbing.

I feel bad every time I have to experience the BP *cough* extortion *cough* *cough* from Heritage. I will give them Kudos for the best scans of any Internet Auction Site. But I only deal with them after I've exhausted all other avenues for a particular book. juggle.gif