• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will NYX3 cool down at some point?

60 posts in this topic

FYI, Wolverine 3 casting calls posted on various sites seem to be pointing in the direction of an X-23-type character, although there are multiple characters in the X-universe that would fit this description:

'12 to 15 year-old girl. Still a child, but a wounded badass, a pound puppy, raised in captivity in a time of battle, without support systems of normal childhood. She has no family and until now, has never left the compound in which she was born. She has an authentic intensity – her expressions & body language speak volumes, without words. Once released in the outside world, everything is new – every experience and every image a first. This does not mean everything is wonderful or wondrous. Some things she sees (things we might regard as conventional) may scare her or anger her and things we may find interesting may bore her. She has not been instructed in many social conventions – she can eat like an animal. She studies and often mimics people’s behavior. She has a high IQ, but is also a temperamental, impulsive and feral creature that can raise genuine mayhem. She is a girl that has never been kissed. Looking for a REAL girl - not made up or done up. Also with genuine edge, not made up or put on. Martial arts or gymnastics experience preferred but not necessary – but actress must be extremely physical and able to improvise scenes without necessarily resorting to speech. Do NOT play it “cute".'

I saw the movie. Going to be a lot of upset people when they see x23 is not in the current marvel cinematic universe plans.

Only the people who put that stuff in their for sale adds trying to move copies.

:grin: Singer only "Pitched the Idea". And since when is the X-Movies part of the MCU?

I figured the blood collected would make Madelyn Pryor, not X-23 if coming from the original plot lines, this is the way to Cable.

Still won't change the heat on NYX #3 much, it needed one more little push to go on people's radar. 1st Appearance with less copies than Deadpool and Harley, and gaining steam every day.

I disagree on this fundamental point. The book doubled in price not gradually it happened because of the movie rumor. Would it have gained value slowly over time? probably. Is the value currently inflated? Without a doubt.

Exactly. There was nothing organic about the recent uptick in price. This book shot up because of rumors. It is a bad book to be buying at current prices.

Well, one could argue that virtually any slabbed modern in 9.8 is not a good book to buy at current prices ;)

Is Walking Dead 1 in CGC or CBCS 9.8 a good buy at $2800?

If you love the series and the show, it is not.

If you are buying the book at FMV, as an investment....no.

Is Nyx 3 still trending upward in GPA?

Yes, it is.

Is it conceivable that one could buy the book in CGC/CBCS 9.8 at current FMV and hold the book for a short period of time, then flip it on eBay to make a modest profit?

All signs point to yes.

A year from now, will Nyx 3 be selling at BA 12 9.8 prices?

Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

Hell, a Nyx 4 CGC 9.8 sold for over $800 less than a month ago....that speaks volumes about the character.

I think Nyx 5 in 9.8 will be selling for a nice chunk of dough, soon enough.Black cover, probably a hard book in 9.8....I subbed a 9.8 candidate to CGC a couple weeks back.I'll sub the 2 copies of Nyx 4 that I have at GSCF, in 2 weeks...gotta press em both first....expecting 1 to get a 9.8, the other I think had some CB spine tics.

After I get them back, I'll lost them via BIN and wait til my phone makes the "ca-ching" sound...gotta love getting those eBay sale notification alerts.

Hmmmm....

I feel marginally dirty typing out the above....but Gawdemmit, I love America.

I saw the movie. Going to be a lot of upset people when they see x23 is not in the current marvel cinematic universe plans.

Only the people who put that stuff in their for sale adds trying to move copies.

:grin: Singer only "Pitched the Idea". And since when is the X-Movies part of the MCU?

I figured the blood collected would make Madelyn Pryor, not X-23 if coming from the original plot lines, this is the way to Cable.

Still won't change the heat on NYX #3 much, it needed one more little push to go on people's radar. 1st Appearance with less copies than Deadpool and Harley, and gaining steam every day.

I disagree on this fundamental point. The book doubled in price not gradually it happened because of the movie rumor. Would it have gained value slowly over time? probably. Is the value currently inflated? Without a doubt.

Exactly. There was nothing organic about the recent uptick in price. This book shot up because of rumors. It is a bad book to be buying at current prices.

Well, one could argue that virtually any slabbed modern in 9.8 is not a good book to buy at current prices ;)

Yes, it is.

Is it conceivable that one could buy the book in CGC/CBCS 9.8 at current FMV and hold the book for a short period of time, then flip it on eBay to make a modest profit?

All signs point to yes.

Hell, a Nyx 4 CGC 9.8 sold for over $800 less than a month ago....that speaks volumes about the character.

I think Nyx 5 in 9.8 will be selling for a nice chunk of dough, soon enough.Black cover, probably a hard book in 9.8....I subbed a 9.8 candidate to CGC a couple weeks back.I'll sub the 2 copies of Nyx 4 that I have at GSCF, in 2 weeks...gotta press em both first....expecting 1 to get a 9.8, the other I think had some CB spine tics.

After I get them back, I'll lost them via BIN and wait til my phone makes the "ca-ching" sound...gotta love getting those eBay sale notification alerts.

Hmmmm....

Some good points here, except there isn't parity in prices between CGC and CBCS slabs and that Nyx 4 sale for $800 was a shill that has (temporaily and artificially ) raised the price of that book.

-J.

Yes, it is.

All signs point to yes.

Hmmmm....

Some good points here, except there isn't parity in prices between CGC and CBCS slabs and that Nyx 4 sale for $800 was a shill that has (temporaily and artificially ) raised the price of that book.

-J.

I was speaking in relative terms, as far as CGC/CBCS 9.8 modern pricing.

CBCS modern slabs do tend to sell at about 25% less than CGC 9.8 moderns, but lately, that pattern seems to be changing.This past week a CBCS Preacher 1 9.8 sold for a (ballpark) equal amount to what Preacher 1 CGC 9.8's have been selling for (about $800) lately.

I also saw a Batman 386 CBCS 9.0 sell for $17.50 more than a Batman 386 CGC 9.0 sold for, this month.

Not that my happenstance stumbling on of 2 books I found while looking at prices of slabs under eBay sold auctions is meant to be all encompassing market report ;)

As far as The Nyx 4 9.8 being a shill....was the book actually relisted on eBay by the same seller, after it closed at $800+?

That auction certainly could have been shilled and I'm not saying that it isn't (or it is).

Are you sure that the highest bidder on the 9.8 did not pay for the book?

If the book was in fact paid for, it is a legit sale.Wether the book was shilled or not.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=191883424015&aid=e***f&eu=&bidtid=1273598496009&view=NONE&ssPageName=PageBidderProfileViewBids_None_ViewLink

The "buyer" left feedback and the item has not been relisted, but the sale was only 20 days ago. When an item sells for incredible record highs and the "buyer" has bidding activity of 68% with the seller and the next bidder had 22% bidding activity with the seller and only 3 feedback. Seeing the two of them bid up the book from $330 to $800 does not prove the book was shilled, but it raises some flags to me.

Interestingly the seller lives 15-20 minutes from me. Small world.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=191883424015&aid=e***f&eu=&bidtid=1273598496009&view=NONE&ssPageName=PageBidderProfileViewBids_None_ViewLink

The "buyer" left feedback and the item has not been relisted, but the sale was only 20 days ago. When an item sells for incredible record highs and the "buyer" has bidding activity of 68% with the seller and the next bidder had 22% bidding activity with the seller and only 3 feedback. Seeing the two of them bid up the book from $330 to $800 does not prove the book was shilled, but it raises some flags to me.

Interestingly the seller lives 15-20 minutes from me. Small world.

First off, the $810 sale has not been stricken from GPA.

This does not prove that the book has been paid for but unless George dropped the ball on this report, the book was paid for.

Other than that, the bidding activity looks somewhat suspicious but you have to keep in mind that the seller seems to sell mostly via auction, and not via BIN, which can cause auction fever to set in.Especially with hot books like these sorts of moderns.

If a buyer is looking for "deals" on slabbed 9.8's and saw a seller listing a bunch of CGC 9.8's at .99 cents with no reserve, that is fairly uncommon, in the first place...so it is perfectly reasonable to think that a bidder would bid on more of the seller's books.

Most sellers list slabs via BIN....add in the "auction fever"

well, it is reasonable to think that a buyer would try to win a lot of the seller's slabs.

Also, the 68% figure really is not conclusive of all that much when you consider that the bidder bid on a grand total of 11 items in the past 30 days.It would be different if the bidder had bid on 1000 items this month and 680 of them were this seller's.Even then, that is by no means conclusive proof.

The bidder also has no bid retractions in the past 30 days.

Furthermore, the under bidder bid on 84 items with 22 being this seller's....no bid retractions, either.22% is not a high figure at all, if a seller is listing modern CGC 9.8's at .99 cents without reserves.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=191883424015&aid=h***o&eu=&bidtid=1273597864009&view=NONE&ssPageName=PageBidderProfileViewBids_None_ViewLink

Add that in with the book being reported by GPA as sold and it looks more likely that the book was actually paid for.

Now, I am not saying the book is worth $800.

I am saying it was more than likely worth $800 to the under bidder and $810 to the highest bidder.

All it takes is 2 bidders who want a book badly enough to bid it up.

What would be more helpful in determining if the book was not paid for would be to find out if the under bidder bought the next CGC 9.8 to come along.

It would make sense that the next sale would be around $400...as the highest bidder on the $810 CGC 9.8 would be out of the picture so the underbidder at $800 would then be able to buy a 9.8 at much less than the $800 that he had bid for, previously.

The sales of the next few following CGC 9.8's would naturally see a bit of a spike due to increased activity on the $810 CGC 9.8...everybody chases the next hot thing....aaaand Nyx 3 is one of the hottest moderns on the market that continue to blow up right now.

All that said, I am not the least bit convinced that the book was shilled & not paid for.

All it takes is 2 bidders who want a book badly enough to bid it up.

What would be more helpful in determining if the book was not paid for would be to find out if the under bidder bought the next CGC 9.8 to come along.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=231969405130&aid=h***o&eu=&bidtid=1325205834013&view=NONE&ssPageName=PageBidderProfileViewBids_None_ViewLink

Here is the under bidder from the $800 sale bidding up to $400. It may very well be just two buyers with more money the sense.

Either way it would be unwise to buy NYX #3 at the current market price. They've already missed a large run up in the price.

Good lawd, I'm happy to see this book skyrocketing. Not that I have my copies anymore, but still cool. I bowed out from reading comics awhile ago, as Marvel had seemed to given up on her. Glad to see there's something going on driving up interest!

Good lawd, I'm happy to see this book skyrocketing. Not that I have my copies anymore, but still cool. I bowed out from reading comics awhile ago, as Marvel had seemed to given up on her. Glad to see there's something going on driving up interest!
:o Dr. Balls sighting :hi:

Looks like it's time to sell my other copy of #3. It's not a book I'm married to, so whatever. Also looks like time to dump some of the other early X-23 books too. Since I've got a boatload of them.

FYI, Wolverine 3 casting calls posted on various sites seem to be pointing in the direction of an X-23-type character, although there are multiple characters in the X-universe that would fit this description:

'12 to 15 year-old girl. Still a child, but a wounded badass, a pound puppy, raised in captivity in a time of battle, without support systems of normal childhood. She has no family and until now, has never left the compound in which she was born. She has an authentic intensity – her expressions & body language speak volumes, without words. Once released in the outside world, everything is new – every experience and every image a first. This does not mean everything is wonderful or wondrous. Some things she sees (things we might regard as conventional) may scare her or anger her and things we may find interesting may bore her. She has not been instructed in many social conventions – she can eat like an animal. She studies and often mimics people’s behavior. She has a high IQ, but is also a temperamental, impulsive and feral creature that can raise genuine mayhem. She is a girl that has never been kissed. Looking for a REAL girl - not made up or done up. Also with genuine edge, not made up or put on. Martial arts or gymnastics experience preferred but not necessary – but actress must be extremely physical and able to improvise scenes without necessarily resorting to speech. Do NOT play it “cute".'

Does it get any more blunt than this? Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, move over...