• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect May 2016 Auction

117 posts in this topic

has begun...

The occasional nice book here and there but not a terribly exciting auction imo.

Auction fatigue or good strategy on the heels of a better HA/CL roster ?

I'm kind of burned out as well. We have 12 of these featured ... focused ... signature ... or whatever they are auctions a year now (4 from each house). In addition to CC and CLink's off-month auctions and HA's weekly auctions.

It's amazing that there's enough interest to support this volume of sales, not to mention eBay, dealer sites, and conventions.

It's amazing that there's enough interest to support this volume of sales, not to mention eBay, dealer sites, and conventions.

It never ceases to amaze me. I think the vintage market is much larger than most of us give it credit for.

It never ceases to amaze me. I think the vintage market is much larger than most of us give it credit for.

I keep wondering how Heritage keeps feeding the trough on the sunday internet comics auction week after week. An endless supply of GA and SA books.

I keep wondering how Heritage keeps feeling the trough on the sunday internet comics auction week after week. An endless supply of GA and SA books.

And rarely a deal with any of them. The market has never been stronger.

I keep wondering how Heritage keeps feeling the trough on the sunday internet comics auction week after week. An endless supply of GA and SA books.

And my buying power has never been weaker. :cry:

And my buying power has never been weaker. :cry:

The weak pound ain't helping...

Detective Comics 31 1.0 already at 25K, wow.

It will end 30K+

hm My guess is $38k

:insane:

Can somebody explain to me why anybody would be willing to bid $25K on only a CGC 1.0 copy of 'Tec 31, when they need to bid only $31K for a far superior CGC 4.0 copy of this exact same book? :screwy:

It will end 30K+

hm My guess is $38k

Can somebody explain to me why anybody would be willing to bid $25K on only a CGC 1.0 copy of 'Tec 31, when they need to bid only $31K for a far superior CGC 4.0 copy of this exact same book? :screwy:

Because the 4.0 hasn't met reserve (which is likely in the 80-90K vicinity), so what's the point in bidding on that book if your budget is nowhere near enough for that amount.

It will end 30K+

hm My guess is $38k

Or pay roughly half that for a nice purple label copy. :idea:

It will end 30K+

hm My guess is $38k

Or pay roughly half that for a nice purple label copy. :idea:

(thumbs u