• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
21 21

4,498 posts in this topic

Odd that I went after these... bought the X-Men #25 ss off of eBay (9.4) to go with this that I'm sending off to cgc this Thursday. Odd that I'm doing all this for "distorted hologram", now that I bought the #25 off eBay, I know that is all that it says.... I guess the "blue" moniker comes from the way the distorted ones look. I'm flying by the seat of my pants here lol

20180805_152846.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

You have a good blue one there as deep as mine I think.

Sadly in better grade probably.

We'll you at least have the X-Men 25 :foryou:

I got the wolverine 75 first, and I had to go back and get the X-Men 25, as it is the key of the 5 holograms. 

I like that now I have the wolverine covers that are the same subject matter...

We both just need to get the Nabisco variant where he gets his ADAMANTIUM back...

22 minutes ago, Michael Browning said:

Are the blues going for much for any of these, or are they just cool to find?

I sell them depending on grade for $20-35. NM or better is tough so I have never slabbed one.

This is the first Web of Spider-man I have found so I have no idea what they will sell for, but
I am sure it will sell for somewhere around $10-20 depending on grade. ASM fans love this stuff.

And yes they are cool to find. I find maybe 2 to 5 a year and I look pretty hard for them for fun 
mostly and a little profit.

3 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I sell them depending on grade for $20-35. NM or better is tough so I have never slabbed one.

This is the first Web of Spider-man I have found so I have no idea what they will sell for, but
I am sure it will sell for somewhere around $10-20 depending on grade. ASM fans love this stuff.

And yes they are cool to find. I find maybe 2 to 5 a year and I look pretty hard for them for fun 
mostly and a little profit.

Well, huh. I found a few of them recently and left them in the box because they don't seem that rare (I find them frequently). This will make me buy whatever I find now.

Yes, you can find a few copies on eBay, and pay about $30-$50 bucks for it raw, but I could not find this book in the wild, anywhere, since the day it came out in April 2016...

Mockingbird #2 Nen Chang 1:25 variant.

Just wound up buying a graded copy on eBay a few months ago.

Mockingbird2016-002varCHA-CGC98U-1247039009.jpeg.cade6dfefc8d77275cc0c489cc08e3cc.jpeg

17 hours ago, letsgrumble said:

Yes, you can find a few copies on eBay, and pay about $30-$50 bucks for it raw, but I could not find this book in the wild, anywhere, since the day it came out in April 2016...

Mockingbird #2 Nen Chang 1:25 variant.

Just wound up buying a graded copy on eBay a few months ago.

Mockingbird2016-002varCHA-CGC98U-1247039009.jpeg.cade6dfefc8d77275cc0c489cc08e3cc.jpeg

Variants don't count

5 hours ago, KolmarAvenue said:

Wow, whoever graded that at a 6.0 is a terrible grader. That's NOT a Fine. It's a ragged copy.

6 hours ago, KolmarAvenue said:

So is that finally the answer? It was another option in the mail away book? Id like that to be the answer because I have wondered about this book for years.
It is exceptionally rare.

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

So is that finally the answer? It was another option in the mail away book? Id like that to be the answer because I have wondered about this book for years.

This is not my listing and I don't believe that's the answer (mail away) but if someone has documentation of course I'd accept it. I haven't seen any provenance or proof on the history of the book. I uncovered it maybe 8 years ago while looking for pressman x-men (297,303,307) and noticed it due to seeing so many 302's that the lack of price jumped out at me. I've found 3 copies in the Chicago area and 0 elsewhere. Almost every copy that I'm aware of have been sourced from Chicagoland.

Edited by KolmarAvenue
spelling

22 hours ago, KolmarAvenue said:
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:08 PM, fastballspecial said:

This is not my listing and I don't believe that's the answer (mail away) but if someone has documentation of course I'd accept it. I haven't seen any provenance or proof on the history of the book. I uncovered it maybe 8 years ago while looking for pressman x-men (297,303,307) and noticed it due to seeing so many 302's that the lack of price jumped out at me. I've found 3 copies in the Chicago area and 0 elsewhere. Almost every copy that I'm aware of have been sourced from Chicagoland.

Whats great is they came from Chicago and Hector hasn't found one. lol

On 8/7/2018 at 10:06 PM, KolmarAvenue said:

I've found 3 copies in the Chicago area and 0 elsewhere. Almost every copy that I'm aware of have been sourced from Chicagoland.

Is it possible that’s just sampling bias? If you live in the Chicagoland area, it seems to me that that’s the place you’re most likely to find them...

Kind of like automobile accidents- you’re more likely to have an accident within 5 miles of your home, because - of all the many, many places you may Drive - that’s the one place you drive in most frequently.

12 hours ago, Brock said:

Is it possible that’s just sampling bias? If you live in the Chicagoland area, it seems to me that that’s the place you’re most likely to find them...

Kind of like automobile accidents- you’re more likely to have an accident within 5 miles of your home, because - of all the many, many places you may Drive - that’s the one place you drive in most frequently.

there are some books that are "more local" to me here in Chicago than in other areas. Same for other books like price variants etc