• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

While the Showcase isn't the 1st app its consistently most difficult early
BoP appearance by far. I have only found two copies I think.

I am building a Pitt set currently those 12-20 issues are tough in general.

The shop had the whole run in multiples, except 18, which it only had one copy of and only two copies each of 19-20. I figured the shop would also have those later Maxx issues, but they only went to issue 29. I ended up getting 25-29 to go with the Maxx 35 I got earlier in the week.

I just always look for oddball stuff that I’ve never seen before. Sometimes it pays off and sometimes it doesn’t. But, it’s fun discovering things.

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

It's not the first appearance?

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:
3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

It's not the first appearance?

I thought it was years ago, but this book came out earlier.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CGC-9-4-Black-Canary-Oracle-Birds-of-Prey-1-1996-DC-1st-App-of-Birds-of-Prey/232802624539?epid=85479732&hash=item36341e241b:g:g6kAAOSw-VtbHt6z:sc:USPSPriority!47711!US!-1

Edited by fastballspecial

On 5/28/2018 at 6:40 PM, BishopT said:

37FE3A72-E26A-4172-A05B-34E1304ED17D.jpeg

8324BD72-3CDF-44D3-8E8D-8E7407600BA5.jpeg

90DE4008-CE1F-4CF8-ADD7-B0F3073328ED.jpeg

874C2E1F-629D-459B-8C8F-DE8AAC4E1662.jpeg

F90D429E-A207-454B-8C9A-61C8BFBDC3D8.jpeg

85718019-557E-4E61-B634-8D866072F958.jpeg

Dollar box highlights of the last two weeks or so. And, yes, I really did find a first print Crow #2 in a dollar box. And, hey, waddaya know I just found a Pitt #20 ( as well as #18) today at 2nC as well!

Edit: welp, that Rapture and Ricochet certainly isn't hard to find... I just never bothered to look at the back of Savage Dragon #4 :insane:

If you decide you want to get rid of the Stormwatch #4, I’m interested. 

On 7/4/2018 at 5:23 PM, maidenmate91 said:

I also have a copy of the power rangers zeo. I find it fascinating it was a one and done lol

The WW is the true find.  

One of the few that I still don't have.  

I know I've mentioned it before, but I always grab those Pitt books when I see them too.  I've had a lot of luck on them and the late Maxx issues.  

I've noticed that dealers are definitely asking more for the later Pitt books (since the same time last year). 

Patrick 

9 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

The WW is the true find.  

One of the few that I still don't have.  

I know I've mentioned it before, but I always grab those Pitt books when I see them too.  I've had a lot of luck on them and the late Maxx issues.  

I've noticed that dealers are definitely asking more for the later Pitt books (since the same time last year). 

Patrick 

Why are Pitt and Maxx late issues so popular with this thread?  Are any other late Image  series HTF?

Edited by Wolverinex

Just now, Wolverinex said:

Why are Pitt and Maxx late issues so popular with this thread?  Are any other late Image series series HTF?

It's largely because they are tougher to find.  

A ton of Spawn issues are tougher to find too.  They are super hard to find.  Look up the 120s thru the 160s. 

Later Tomb Raider Image books do well.  Both tougher later issues and AH covers.  

Patrick

9 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Those late TR books are tough to find too the print run wasn't very high.
So you have a hot artist and a book that has some popularity and its at the end of the run. 

Same thing with Pitt and Maxx. Great artists and books that were hot (and well-remembered) with low-print-run later issues.

16 hours ago, followtheleader said:

It's largely because they are tougher to find.  

A ton of Spawn issues are tougher to find too.  They are super hard to find.  Look up the 120s thru the 160s. 

Later Tomb Raider Image books do well.  Both tougher later issues and AH covers.  

Patrick

The Maxx, Spawn and AH Tomb Raider books have been on my radar for years, but the Pitts were a surprise to me. Thanks boardies!

2 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

Did some light hunting today. Nothing crazy but still fun.... The Sabrina is signed by HACK thats why I included it. Finally have a ghost Rider #12, I haven't found one to date. 

IMG_20180706_213818.jpg

That Wonder Woman with the DC logo in the UPC box is tough to find. Nice haul. Is the GR 12 hard to find? I see those around here a lot and never thought about them being HTF.