• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

On 6/25/2018 at 11:44 PM, aznfevr said:

Try finding one of these out in the wild. Can’t wait to get it back from CGC even with the Green Label. 

Death of Human Torch was polybagged but some variants had a black logo instead of the blue and they are signed by Jonathan Hickman. No known print run. 

9439DAF4-76F8-4CA4-B4FF-3FEE58DA9B63.jpeg

:takeit:if its for sale

15 minutes ago, creaturefan95 said:

Do you guys think Ghost Rider, Wolverine, Punisher: The Dark Design is hard to find? I always see Ghost Rider, Wolverine, Punisher: Hearts of Darkness but never its sequel.

Less common than Hearts of Darkness? Definitely. Hard to find? No.

On 7/4/2018 at 7:34 PM, the authority said:

If you decide you want to get rid of the Stormwatch #4, I’m interested. 

Yeah, I'm probably not going to, at least not just yet. Only the second one I've run across since I've been aware of it.

In the true spirit of the title of this thread, here is a book that I truly couldn't find in the wild and have only seen it listed once on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cerebus-Archive-18-Dave-Sim-Aardvark-Vanaheim-/113129532034?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=2DyCklL4zoiczzKG0HeOBAkYuyw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

The Print on Demand issues of Cerebus Archive are almost impossible to find, because only those who wanted them bad enough to order them from Comixpress will have them, and most of those fans aren't selling. I ordered all of them except I missed out on the last issue and Comixpress went out of business soon after. I've had a set of 1-17, but have never had the opportunity to buy the last issue until this listing. If you ever see Cerebus Archive #4-18 (#1-3 were available through Diamond and are common) and they are affordable, I highly recommend picking them up, they are very hard to come by and in high demand by Cerebus collectors.

cerebus_archive_18.jpg

6 hours ago, BishopT said:

Yeah, I'm probably not going to, at least not just yet. Only the second one I've run across since I've been aware of it.

It's surprisingly a difficult book to get.  

I was on Stormwatch thru the entire run(s).  And I've only had the 1 copy.  

Patrick

That Tomb Raider 50 is one of my all-time favs.  

Not a big fan of that Venom/Nova 7.  Is Larsen trying to homage himself?  
Don't know why, but I always thought Voodoo 2 was one of Hughes lesser covers.  

Patrick 

11 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

That Tomb Raider 50 is one of my all-time favs.  

Not a big fan of that Venom/Nova 7.  Is Larsen trying to homage himself?  
Don't know why, but I always thought Voodoo 2 was one of Hughes lesser covers.  

Patrick 

My favorites from the haul today are those glitter editions. Man, those things sparkle.

Is it just me or is NYX 3 Just not around anymore. I go to a ton of lcs in & around my area (not really expecting to see one there) but also a ton of shows & the last one I recalled seeing was at least a year & 1/2 ago. Is everybody just hoarding them?

23 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

Out of all the Pitt 19s and 20s I have found over the last week, I've only found a single copy of issue 18. I think it may be rarer than the last two issues.

Funny you said that. #18 has also been the toughest for me too. 

Patrick

So we have discussed whether this is a manufactured defect or something else and
I think this copy gives me strong evidence its a manufactured. I will try to get this to show
up in a cell pic, but basically this blue hologram splattered over the top of a green one.

Basically when you look close you can see the green hologram and then blue circles
are splattered all over the green hologram giving it a blue hue. To me that looks like
tt was sprayed directly on top of a green hologram. Any printers have an idea?

My scanner wont show it by cell phone pic will . Also its a newsstand which might
have something to do with it.

xmen25f.thumb.jpg.440ba5f2d3f11b8ab28e5eff40302e79.jpgxmen25b.thumb.jpg.0f10fba501163d240fc9b2d66711e5d4.jpg

xmenbluef.thumb.jpg.4cf6b7964db633cec381f8c14ebb4498.jpgxmenbluef25.thumb.jpg.ed569a47479626a9f40b24888f78000d.jpg