• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, F For Fake said:

NICE! One of his all time great covers, and signed too! Oddly on-topic for this thread, this one really is relatively tough in the wild, compared to the rest of his output.

3-D Zone #16 Space Vixens is "on-topic" for Modern Age books you just can't find in the wild?

It's 32 years old. lol

On 5/7/2018 at 11:32 AM, F For Fake said:

NICE! One of his all time great covers, and signed too! Oddly on-topic for this thread, this one really is relatively tough in the wild, compared to the rest of his output.

You go find a Comics Journal 117 in the wild and report back.

3 hours ago, darkstar said:

You go find a Comics Journal 117 in the wild and report back.

That's a magazine. :baiting:

5 hours ago, valiantman said:

3-D Zone #16 Space Vixens is "on-topic" for Modern Age books you just can't find in the wild?

It's 32 years old. lol

The "can't find in the wild" part is on track. The modern part, not so much, but hey, we're getting closer!

8 hours ago, valiantman said:

It's 32 years old. lol

This thread stopped being that a long time ago. However, I admit I did miss the modern part by a good amount of time. Would the "I miss Dave Stevens" thread have been more appropriate? Probably. 

12 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

This thread stopped being that a long time ago. However, I admit I did miss the modern part by a good amount of time. Would the "I miss Dave Stevens" thread have been more appropriate? Probably. 

Eh, any excuse to post Dave covers is a good one. No harm no foul.

As far moderns go, I'm been buying up Batman Beyond #1 newsprint edition copies as often as I can. They seem to be fairly rare especially since there is also a free promo edition and a 6 flags edition that are worth a fraction of the price. With a future movie being a real possibility, prices are starting to soar. 9.8s are going for 400+ and that's without any confirmations yet. 

6 minutes ago, Davidone said:

Found these in the same $1 box a few weeks back at the Sacramento Comic Con. The Comics Scene issue is the earliest known published image of Harley Quinn.

Interesting, I also saw on ebay, someone posting a "Comics Scene" that showed the first appearance of venom, before ASM 298/299.

Never Heard of Comics Scene. Is it more like Wizard or FOOM?

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Interesting, I also saw on ebay, someone posting a "Comics Scene" that showed the first appearance of venom, before ASM 298/299.

It's a comic news magazine. Comic Scene #2, in my humble opinion, is one of the most under valued books ever. I realize it sells for decent money but it may someday be equal to or above ASM 300. It's a tough book to find. It pre-dates ASM 298. It has a huge spoiler article about Eddie Brock being Venom and what happens in the whole story arc. It features images of Brock and Venom and also the first published image of the iconic 300 cover drawing. I found one before the market realized what it is and it blew my mind. I'll post some photos later of the insides for those who haven't seen it. It's a must own for any serious Spider-man collector.

14 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Comic Scene was great! It predates Wizard, launched in the 80's. Outside of comic shops, it was just about the only comic news related magazine that you could find on regular newsstand shelves, like at your local grocery or whatever. It was basically just comic book news, articles, etc. They had a section dedicated to the development of comic book movies, which seemed like a total pipe dream when I was a kid, until Batman came out. I would check those pages every month (or whatever the publishing schedule was) hoping to see an update on Terry Gilliam's "Watchmen" movie, or an update on a Booster Gold/Blue Beetle show. Oh, those were days.

1 hour ago, BishopT said:

7221EC20-1C70-40CA-A2EC-0F9471D6C89C.jpeg

Some decent cheap finds over the last two days. Those Vampirellas are AH covers I've not run across until now, and that Lady Death ashcan is signed by Brian Pulido, Steven Hughes, and Jason Jensen with COA.

Nice books!! The ashcan with Steven Hughes signature is a definite keeper.

18 hours ago, Davidone said:

Found these in the same $1 box a few weeks back at the Sacramento Comic Con. The Comics Scene issue is the earliest known published image of Harley Quinn.

20180514_130425.jpg

Good eye! Back on track in less than a page. :grin:

4 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I found these today at a garage sale

574DAC17-178C-4524-9F72-D6767AC59BCE.thumb.jpeg.2b0e8af84e0e9bf3ddd5bdd7413a508f.jpeg

EF469617-836D-4198-BBAB-FD3D7CF8A4B5.jpeg

If you follow the Turtle market, nearly every series in between Mirage vol. 1 and IDW are tough to find. Many of them sell very well for way over cover. This Dream Wave series is not very easy to find and still dirt cheap. If the trend continues, they should appreciate nicely. Nice find.