• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time To Lift The Ban on Voldemort's?

341 posts in this topic

Isn't it technically the publisher of the book's merchandise? Also the other guys allow CGC books and no one helps pay for their hosting.

Ok so I bought a bunch of Voldemort slabs and I want to share the books here. Shouldn't they at least consider allowing us to post them here but not allow them to be sold. At the end of the day its all about the books, thoughts?

You know how to crop a photo or scan, right?

If and when other companies start paying the fees associated with hosting this site, it would be appropriate to showcase their merchandise.

Thing is the Coin section is part of this site and Collectors Society allows the showing and even selling of PCGS, ANACS and other non-CGC TPGs.

Ok so I bought a bunch of Voldemort slabs and I want to share the books here. Shouldn't they at least consider allowing us to post them here but not allow them to be sold. At the end of the day its all about the books, thoughts?

This works.

I was PM'd by a Mod cause I had a CBCS book in my sig. Crop et voilà.

I probably haven't done that to a photobucket image in over 10 years but I guess I could give that a shot.

The whole policy of not mentioning the competition is total horse manure here. Fact is CGC is scared and shows it by banning us from even mentioning them.

It's ridiculous. Do you think on the Gibson guitar forum we can't talk about Fender guitars? Of course we can. Any other forum I frequent the competition isn't even a worry. Be confident in your own business.

The other company isn't going away so how about allowing open discussion? Most people are here because they like CGC. Right?

The whole policy of not mentioning the competition is total horse manure here. Fact is CGC is scared and shows it by banning us from even mentioning them.

It's ridiculous. Do you think on the Gibson guitar forum we can't talk about Fender guitars? Of course we can. Any other forum I frequent the competition isn't even a worry. Be confident in your own business.

The other company isn't going away so how about allowing open discussion? Most people are here because they like CGC. Right?

Total agreement!!!

My 2c ...

I've dropped my signature line out of a lot of my posts because there are a couple of CBCS holders in my sig line, but I refuse to cut the labels off of high grade book scans to appease Harry Potter's wand wavers.

Besides, the books in my sig line aren't being offered for sale anyway, so there's no marketing going on.

Truth is, Steve Borock has had nothing but generous things to say about CGC since the CBCS forum started up. Not only does he allow the display of CGC holders on their site, he's made nice comments on a number of mine.

I'm not sure why this is such a big deal on these forums, but it comes across as petty and insecure. As pointed out, the coin collectors side of the Collector's Society allows display and even sales of coins in other holders. One could not be faulted for seeing these separate forum policies as hypocritical.

If and when other companies start paying the fees associated with hosting this site, it would be appropriate to showcase their merchandise.

Thing is the Coin section is part of this site and Collectors Society allows the showing and even selling of PCGS, ANACS and other non-CGC TPGs.

This, the 2nd part.

But this isn't just a comic forum - it's CGC's forum. Why should they allow discussion about other company's products??

You wouldn't go on a Coca-Cola memorabilia forum and post Pepsi memorabilia. If they chose the policy respect it or move on. There are plenty of alternative forums to post on.

I can see both sides of the argument. Perhaps Borock is the nicer kid in the playground, BUT this place is a playground where everyone can join in the games, make a bit of money, obtain some great stuff, and learn a great deal about all kinds of stuff.

The big kid who owns the football will let you all play but at the end of the day it's his ball, which he can stick a knife in or not let you play. If you don't like his rules, you find another playground to play in. Simple.

And as others have said: if you want to post your latest addition to your collection (a comic book) but it's sitting in another company's product - crop out the other company's product (their label) and :idea: - you can now show off your book!

:whee:

:facepalm:

My 2c ...

I've dropped my signature line out of a lot of my posts because there are a couple of CBCS holders in my sig line, but I refuse to cut the labels off of high grade book scans to appease Harry Potter's wand wavers.

Besides, the books in my sig line aren't being offered for sale anyway, so there's no marketing going on.

Truth is, Steve Borock has had nothing but generous things to say about CGC since the CBCS forum started up. Not only does he allow the display of CGC holders on their site, he's made nice comments on a number of mine.

I'm not sure why this is such a big deal on these forums, but it comes across as petty and insecure. As pointed out, the coin collectors side of the Collector's Society allows display and even sales of coins in other holders. One could not be faulted for seeing these separate forum policies as hypocritical.

:facepalm:

.... so true. I never understood the harm, but it's not my site (shrug) GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

And if sales of non-CGC books were allowed on this site, how many of those books would be promptly deslabbed and submitted to CGC for grading and create additional revenue for CGC? I would gues that, since this is obviously a CGC centric forum, the percentage would be pretty significant.

(shrug)