• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1974 - BIGGEST NEWS IN COMICS

12 posts in this topic

still here after all these years, great to see the ad again...we have a long way..and gotten some RESPECT along the way. It was not easy, people called me nuts when I bought it, but I had faith...today you need to be a billionaire to get what you could of had years ago.

Are we better than we were in 1974...

Well, the true collectors were there, not the flippers, speculators, and everything else..however the CGC was a good thing which came later,,as repairing the comics was getting harder and harder to detect.

Still this fourm is a great thing to have..instead of the RBCC in your mailbox

still here after all these years, great to see the ad again...we have a long way..and gotten some RESPECT along the way. It was not easy, people called me nuts when I bought it, but I had faith...today you need to be a billionaire to get what you could of had years ago.

Are we better than we were in 1974...

Well, the true collectors were there, not the flippers, speculators, and everything else..however the CGC was a good thing which came later,,as repairing the comics was getting harder and harder to detect.

Still this fourm is a great thing to have..instead of the RBCC in your mailbox

Good post.

This hobby going forward probably has the most upside.

What other hobby in origin gets big Hollywood movies made about them multiple times yearly?

Coins?

Stamps?

Records?

Lionel Trains?

Baseball cards?

Nope.

Comics!

:cloud9:

Comics will continue to get bigger!