• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daniel Craig done as James Bond? Who is up next?
2 2

163 posts in this topic

I wonder if a major issue for casting an actor for the role is the physicality it requires? Craig had his share of injuries, and he was a fairly fit/physical actor before that. I am not sure Hiddleston could do as much in the role. Alba could probably handle it based on some of his other roles.

Isn't Elba too old at this point?

:ohnoez:

I wonder if a major issue for casting an actor for the role is the physicality it requires? Craig had his share of injuries, and he was a fairly fit/physical actor before that. I am not sure Hiddleston could do as much in the role. Alba could probably handle it based on some of his other roles.

Isn't Elba too old at this point?

black don't crack

:o

Daniel Craig May Have Changed His Mind About Not Returning As James Bond

b289f4ff8cdc6c3a81ed9d0af80cf4329840ac6b.jpg

Daniel Craig did an appearance at this past weekend's New York Comic Con, where he revealed he's actually very fond of his job as the coolest spy ever. Regarding his possible return to the franchise, Craig said the following (via io9):

"As far as I'm concerned, I've got the best job in the world. I'll keep doing it as long as I still get a kick out of it. If I were to stop doing it, I would miss it terribly."

Maybe the $150MM offer made the pain easier to bear?

James Bond Star Comments On Daniel Craig's Possible Return

Part of that hesitation seems to be on the studio's part, and according to Bond actress Naomi Harris, who has played the role of Moneypenny in Skyfall and Spectre, it seems to be because no one has moved on from Craig just yet. Harris spoke to the press at the OBE award ceremony (where she had just received one from Queen Elizabeth II), and indicated they aren't ready to say goodbye to the actor just yet (via Heroic Hollywood).

“I really don’t think that they’ve moved on from Daniel. I think there’s a very good chance that Daniel will come back. I think it’s way too early to be thinking about other people at this stage.”

Craig was initially rather outspoken about not wanting to return for a fifth go-round as Bond but has pulled back a bit in recent months, even going so far as to say he would miss the role if he did leave. Harris knows the rest of the team wants him back for another film but understands he has to do what's right for him.

“I think the fact that the last two Bonds – Spectre and Skyfall – have been the highest-grossing Bond movies of all time shows that people love him as Bond, and they desperately want him to return. And I don’t think Daniel is immune to that… I think he’s very aware, so I think that adds an extra level of pressure. But he has to ultimately do what feels right to him. But I know that we, as a cast, collectively want him back. I know that Barbara and Michael – our producers – desperately want him back, so I think the only person that needs persuading is Daniel.”

Sounds like they still want Daniel Craig.

‘James Bond 25’ Ignites Bidding War Between 5 Studios

skyfall-poster-slice.jpg

EON and MGM own the rights to the James Bond films, but they do not distribute them. They’re production companies, but they need a distributor to get the film into theaters and handle the marketing. Sony Pictures had owned the rights to Bond since 2006, but that ownership expired in 2015 with Spectre. Now the rights are back up for grabs and the New York Times reports that five studios are in contention to make the next Bond movie.

The five studios fighting for the rights to Bond are Sony, Warner Bros., Universal Pictures, 20th Century Fox, and Annapurna (Paramount is out because it’s been struggling and recently hired a new chairman, and Disney is already flushed with family-friendly franchises).

It’s worth noting that right now MGM and EON are only offering a one-picture deal. Per the NY Times, “MGM, which is owned by private equity firms, including Anchorage Capital Partners, probably wants to keep its options open as it considers a sale or public offering.” It’s also a smart play to see who’s a good steward of the franchise. If someone completely botches the release of Bond 25, you don’t want to be tied to them for three or four more pictures.

10 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

The five studios fighting for the rights to Bond are Sony, Warner Bros., Universal Pictures, 20th Century Fox, and Annapurna (Paramount is out because it’s been struggling and recently hired a new chairman, and Disney is already flushed with family-friendly franchises).

If Warner gets it, maybe we get James Bond DC Comics and a James Bond/Batman comic book team up? :wishluck:

43 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

If Warner gets it, maybe we get James Bond DC Comics and a James Bond/Batman comic book team up? :wishluck:

I think Universal feels like a great fit for this kind of franchise. Besides the Universal Creature features and Jurassic movies, I can't think of too much stress the producers would feel from a hungry studio, willing to throw in the "everything but the kitchen sink" kind of movies and lets face it, Bond needs to be this kind of movie again. I liked Spectre, but I fast-forwarded a lot of the CG "action scenes."

I'm actually, by coincidence watching "The Spy Who Loved Me." For a 40 year old film, it's lavish sets and eye-popping stunt pieces hold up very well. Plus, Roger Moore finally stopped trying to be Sean Connery. lol 

1 hour ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

I think Universal feels like a great fit for this kind of franchise. Besides the Universal Creature features and Jurassic movies, I can't think of too much stress the producers would feel from a hungry studio, willing to throw in the "everything but the kitchen sink" kind of movies and lets face it, Bond needs to be this kind of movie again. I liked Spectre, but I fast-forwarded a lot of the CG "action scenes."

I'm actually, by coincidence watching "The Spy Who Loved Me." For a 40 year old film, it's lavish sets and eye-popping stunt pieces hold up very well. Plus, Roger Moore finally stopped trying to be Sean Connery. lol 

The Spy Who Loved Me maybe Roger Moore's best outing as Bond.

17 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

The Spy Who Loved Me maybe Roger Moore's best outing as Bond.

Agreed.

The only other contender is For Your Eyes Only, but in a push, I think The Spy Who Lived Me wins.

Because Jaws.

And that scene when Jaws gets trapped with the killer shark, and he kills the shark and swims away.

2 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Agreed.

The only other contender is For Your Eyes Only, but in a push, I think The Spy Who Lived Me wins.

Because Jaws.

And that scene when Jaws gets trapped with the killer shark, and he kills the shark and swims away.

You got me so nostalgic that I will watch these movies For Your Eyes Only and The Spy Who Lived Me over the next few weeks. (thumbsu

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

6 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Agreed.

Because Jaws.

Yup. Those were my two faves.

The Spy Who Loved Me wins by Hamlisch, Barbara Bach and the stunning sets. I can't believe it was such a troubled production.

I love how grounded For Your Eyes Only was after the campy Moonraker, but Bill Conti's Rocky meets Olympic-worthy score, the poor acting skills of all the Bond girls, bogged things down considerably.

Roger that!

Live and Let Die (two and a half stars out of four)

The Man With The Golden Gun (two stars)

The Spy Who Loved Me (three and a half stars)

Moonraker (one and a half stars)

For Your Eyes Only (three stars)

Octopussy (two stars)

A View To a Kill (two stars)

What's even better with "The Spy Who Loved Me" was it totally ignores "Moonraker" at the end. lol

DSC09325(1).thumb.JPG.0de6ebfb44e6331acf0e7615edc159f6.JPG

I would too if it wasn't for the opening gambit, the return of Jaws, Shirley Bassey's theme song, Ken Adam's sets, Holly Goodhead  and Q's witty joke at the end.

5 hours ago, delekkerste said:

Twitter is Confused by Daniel Craig's Different Face

Looks like plastic surgery gone wrong.  Doesn't bode well for his final outing as 007 coming out in late 2019. :facepalm: 

He looks like he put on weight. Though his face does look like it is more plastic under the light.

And he is wearing that gold cod piece. (:

BBJnKpi.img?h=1093&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=

6 hours ago, delekkerste said:

Twitter is Confused by Daniel Craig's Different Face

Looks like plastic surgery gone wrong.  Doesn't bode well for his final outing as 007 coming out in late 2019. :facepalm: 

The transformation is stunning. He might be sick?

Honestly, I haven't been this shocked at someone's appearance changing this much since Frank Miller.

Craig definately looks like he aged overnight.

For his health sake I hope it was bad plastic surgery?

Edited by ComicConnoisseur