• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody know or deal with Dale DeVino (ebay name: Originalgooser)?

11 posts in this topic

So...I bought an ASM 121 off eBay last Summer from Dale DeVino of Manville, NJ (ebay name: originalgooser)...when it arrived, we disagreed on the grade (he said 9.0, I said 8.0) so he suggested I send to CGC and he promised to make things right if it came in lower than expected. He went on and on about his integrity and that I could trust him. So I did.

It took me awhile to send it in and we stayed in touch intermittently until I got the book back a few weeks ago. Unfortunately it came back even worse than I thought...a 7.0!

Well you guessed it, I've been trying to contact him for 3 weeks now through numerous regular emails, eBay messages and even Facebook...but no response. He mentioned in one of our previous communications that he was a lurker here, so I'm hoping he either sees this or perhaps one of you has dealt with him before or knows how I can contact him?

It's a longshot I know, but I'm trying to give him the opportunity to follow through on his promise. I'm sure there must be a legitimate reason why he hasn't responded to any of my messages. Hey it's not such a big deal...so I paid about $500 (including grading and pressing fees) for a 7.0 copy of ASM 121 and may have to eat $150-200...not the end of the world.

If he has decided to renege on his guarantee to make things right, so be it. But I AM curious if that is the case, or maybe he's had personal difficulties and this isn't at the top of his priority list. I get that. Maybe he's been on a cruise with no internet access. Stuff happens.

But anyway...Dale if you are reading this, or if anybody knows him, let me know! :wishluck:

It took you a while to send it in...it's a year later and the grade is lower than expected from an eBay purchase...

Don't expect anything and just put the seller on ignore. It's not worth the effort.

Did you think it was a 8.0 before the press??

Maybe, I thought it was an 8.0 at BEST before the press...probably more like a 7.5.

Not really relevant though...seller felt it was a 9.0 WITHOUT a press and promised a significant partial refund if it came back lower (up to $175 if it came back as low as a 7.5)