• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which would you choose... Little Lulu 16 or Funny Stuff 21

34 posts in this topic

I'm now wondering to the extent I looked up the books. lol

Lulu

Didn't we used to have one thread where "which one would you choose" gave us two competing comics hm

Apparently the intended humor of that thread was too sophisticated for this bunch.

Apparently the intended humor of that thread was too sophisticated for this bunch.

We do much better when things are explained to us slowly using short words. Sometimes, diagrams can be helpful, too. And try to use soft colors. Bright colors make us nervous. hm

Not only did I look up both covers, but I looked up whether or not frogs eat fish, because otherwise Funny Stuff 21 would just be absurd. FYI: they do.

Frogs will pretty much eat anything they can get in their mouths...

While Little Lulu may be more popular today due to the pending movie and rumor of purchase of rights by Disney, clearly it doesn't have the same historic significance as Funny Stuff. You have to look past the attractive falling leaves Lulu cover to grasp how Sheldon Mayer launched D.C. and the funny animal market into the stratosphere with the innovative Funny Stuff. Rufus Lion, Blackie Bear, Bulldog Drumhead and McSnurtle the Turtle (who could change into a superhero called the Terrific Whatsit) really drove revenue into the coffers post superhero era at D.C. Without that that breath of renewed life (incremental revenue) into the financials what we now know as the movie Superman vs. Batman today wouldn't even exist.

Clearly Funny Stuff.

Such an old fogey answer. "If not for this, than this would never happen."

None of that changes what's actually happening in the marketplace, and what's happening is Little Freaking Lulu!

Such an old fogey answer. "If not for this, than this would never happen."

None of that changes what's actually happening in the marketplace, and what's happening is Little Freaking Lulu!

.... yeah, but a lot of Funny Stuff goes on behind the scenes..... always has .... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u