• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the Shadow of the Atomic Age
6 6

2,395 posts in this topic

Though, in final analysis, star animal books take the cake. McMiles (I believe) couldn't bear see me walk away from his book and insisted I leave with the book for fear I guess that he'd have to take it home with him lol Thanks for the deal. I think we are both happy on this one. :thumbsup:

114868.jpg.1d1f41a42281527739fb102294bbfb79.jpg

Here's an Atomic Age classic.

Flying saucer special! :D

WSF_26.jpg

Complete with an atomic bomb panel and some good old fashioned Cold War paranoia:

zWSF_28_interior_page.jpg

Great stuff.

Now if was only the F+ the ebay dude promised....

Can you guys remind me what other book has a weird price?

I remember that Smile Comics # 1 was priced at 7¢ but wasn't there another book with a non-traditional 10 / 12 / 15¢ cover price? I seem to remember a comic with a hen on the cover ???

Any help appreciated. :)

This was a series put out by ACG in 1955 that consisted of Funny Comics, Pop Comics, Smile Comics, Tickle Comics, Whee Comics & Gay Comics. They were sold 3 for 15¢ and bundled with a paper wrapper. All of the books were a non-traditional size at 5X7¾.

I used to have a copy of Tickle Comics but lost it in Katrina and haven't seen another since. I would like to put together the run though.

I believe you get "points off" for posting any western book ....

Well you don't need to twist my arm when it comes to posting westerns. Here are scans of four more of my Lone Ranger books:

25-08-201174257PM.jpg

25-08-201174253PM.jpg

05-09-2011114104PM.jpg

25-08-201174228PM.jpg

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat

I used to have a copy of Tickle Comics but lost it in Katrina and haven't seen another since.

Damn that evil windbag!

:mad:

This was a series put out by ACG in 1955 that consisted of Funny Comics, Pop Comics, Smile Comics, Tickle Comics, Whee Comics & Gay Comics.

:o

I guess Fredruc Wertham was right after all.

:(

Edited by Hepcat

... though, given how much people around here dislike Marsh's Tarzan, this would earn you a larger dismerit :shrug:

Fortunately, Marsh didn't do the covers, so you get bonus points for posting a great painted cover.

Love the Foxhole GermanFan - wonderful Kirby cover (and a book I thought hard about buying before you removed the temptation...)

Here's a war book I just bought. This title combines my comics hobby with a lifelong interest in aviation. I've been after the run of five for a couple of years, but they just didn't come up in the right grades - until the last couple of weeks. Watch this space. :banana:

aces_high_4.jpg