• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the Shadow of the Atomic Age
6 6

2,395 posts in this topic

I cant help but be struck by the irony deicted on this cover. You have Sniffer

and friends giving Iron Jaw a wiff, or sniff if you prefer, of the vehicle's exhaust.

Note the title was originally Boy Illustories and later morphed to the more abbreviated Boy Comics.

BOY_87.jpg

Just because ... here's the Warrior from the back of Tarzan # 12 -

Tarzan12UndercopyBC.jpg

That's a cool back cover. (thumbs u

Do you know if the warriors back cover series continued for very long after the cut-over to photo covers? I would venture to guess the warrior series did not continue for much longer, given the lack of advertising revenue from a full page back cover ad.

My lone G. A. issue of Tarzan is from 1955. This might be one of the least threatening Tarzan covers.

TARZ_74.jpg

Edited by frozentundraguy

Here's your answer as to when these back covers stopped. :thumbsup:

According to GCD, they stopped the Tribesmen at #20 and continued with animals. Do you know if the animal backs were photos?

What a great thread this is to admire so many cool books.

This one should arrive next week. It made the top ten of Andy's Survivor's

Series in CG.

WarComics23Tupenny12500.jpg

Deservedly so, fantastic.

Hey Rick....I started a thread on this in Gold. Crazy stuff. The #2 WTOF went for 2K and had a tear seal. It was sold by the same seller. Here is the thread about the 3.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5576653&fpart=1

Edited by Wrightson fan

Nice action scene by Maneely! (thumbs u

Awesome Frontline Combat. :cloud9: Nice bright colors.

Just picked this up off e-bay for under 40.00 and I need to start searching for

some EC war books and I wish I could find those for 40.00.

FightComics8275.jpg

Very cool Whitman!

It did me - This is a variation on a theme cover that goes with the Outlaw Kid I just posted.

WesternThrillers2.jpg

I'm sorely tempted to start an Atlas Westen jailbreak collection, to go along with my Atlas Western playing card covers.

Atlas covers are addicting, especially as most of the output is pretty affordable in midgrade - even the PCH books when compared to many other publishers. For the most part the covers don't jump out at you when seen in small images like the Gerber guides, but when seen full size, the publisher has hundreds of great 1950s covers.

:bump:

Rescuing this from the third page, about to go to the fourth page :sumo:

Been a while since we posted horsey books. I received a nice batch off eBay today, including both Champion and Silver # 19's -

Champion19.jpg

Silver19.jpg

:bump:

Rescuing this from the third page, about to go to the fourth page :sumo:

Been a while since we posted horsey books. I received a nice batch off eBay today, including both Champion and Silver # 19's -

Champion19.jpg

Silver19.jpg

Amazingly similar action shots, considering they are both the same issue number. Might have to give the nod to Silver over Champion, defending the colt from the wolf. (thumbs u