• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the Shadow of the Atomic Age
6 6

2,430 posts in this topic

Hey, OK with me Cat. Post what makes you happy. But the point of this thread as I interpreted it is Atomic Age. A period as I personally define it is roughly 1946-1955 up to the code. This is the bulk of my collection no matter the genre. Not to say that I have just about every era in my collection as well. I am of course open to differing opinions…:foryou:

I just love the whole medium! 

On 6/26/2024 at 1:17 PM, Robot Man said:

...Atomic Age. A period as I personally define it is roughly 1946-1955 up to the code.... I am of course open to differing opinions…:foryou:

I actually think the start of the Atomic Age overlaps with the end of the Golden Age. For DC anyway the Golden Age extended to very early 1951 with the last Justice Society appearance in All-Star Comics 57. I therefore see the Atomic Age as being roughly from 1950 to 1958 when the DC's first new hero title, Challengers of the Unknown, was launched.

:preach:

Edited by Hepcat

On 6/26/2024 at 11:19 AM, Hepcat said:

Yeah I guess comics from 1958-59 are pretty Silvery. I'll remove them if Adam Strange rules they're ultra vires.

But how about these then?

FourColor208.jpg

FourColor693.jpg

:smile:

Jan '49 -- (thumbsu

Apr '56 -- Close enough