• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MyComicShop web site down

33 posts in this topic

this from the site's temporary landing page made me laugh..

"Is this really a patriotic Memorial Day protest of Captain America's recent [spoiler ALERT!] change of employment? Maybe."

capshred.gif

Hope you guys are keeping spirits up, with a background in hosting/infrastructure I know these moments are very tense both for the provider and the customer...

Hi Conan, very sorry about what happened.

Can you confirm that the site will be running today?

Thanks

Yes. We're in the final stages of our work right now. Should start back up a little later this morning.

Hi Conan, very sorry about what happened.

Can you confirm that the site will be running today?

Thanks

Yes. We're in the final stages of our work right now. Should start back up a little later this morning.

(thumbs u

We're up!

And now to do our best to make sure this can never happen again, starting with taking control of our backup and restore process in house.

This is great!

I've placed an order - maybe some others can take a look too, and we can all pitch in to get your cash flow on track after such an unfortunate outage.

It wasn't until the site was down that I realized how often I use it just to check things out...

Still not up? This message is still posted:

"This seller is currently away, and is not processing orders at this time. You can add this item to your watch list to purchase later".

You're referring to eBay, rather than our web site. Our site has been up since Tuesday morning, but I kept eBay down (the "vacation mode" option eBay provides) a little longer to be sure all was good. I've turned eBay back on already, but it may take a few hours before eBay finishes updating to reflect that.