• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please support me in financing my education - THANKS!
2 2

279 posts in this topic

exactly

It is a simple side view with no background no shadowing no expression - pretty basic.

Now if it looked like this I would call it great:

Conan-the-Conqueror-by-Frank-Frazetta.jpeg

Ohh, that's nice. I predict big things in the future for that artist.

exactly

It is a simple side view with no background no shadowing no expression - pretty basic.

Now if it looked like this I would call it great:

Conan-the-Conqueror-by-Frank-Frazetta.jpeg

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

OP, since your first piece can't compare to Frazetta, you'll learn nothing from school. Go fudge your dreams.

:facepalm:

Fair points

I didn't see this post. :foryou: If I had, I probably would have just posted one :roflmao: at the Frazetta comparison, and left it at that.

Best of luck to you in whatever path you choose, Mercurious. I hope you're able to stick with it and achieve exactly what you want. Or at the very least, I hope you enjoy the ride.

An interesting quote from Frazetta on wiki, he does mention he didn't learn much from his teacher at the Brooklyn academy of fine arts, however he also says:

"He kind of left you on your own. I learned more from my friends there"

So one can assume the experience was still a benefit to him.

Part of the experience is that being in an environment helps develop your skills. Maybe Frazetta didn't learn much from the teacher, but he "learned more from my friends there."

Edited by jaeldubyoo

Part of the experience is that being in an environment helps develop your skills. Maybe Frazetta didn't learn much from the teacher, but he "learned more from my friends there."

Wonder if any of those friend attendees went on to starving artist status hm

I attribute much of my success in my life to mentors and my family who happily encouraged my pursuits. And now, I pass along that same support to younger people.

It's a beautiful life!!!

Dan

They weren't part of the 0.00000001% success rate.

Frazetta's drawing partner, Angelo Torres, went on to a multi-decade career at Mad Magazine among other realms. His other school friends included Bernie Krigstein, Joe Orlando and Wally Wood.

Someone made the point of the people you go to school with

That's a big part. While in traditional schools networking is a big thing, I would imagine in the creative industry a big part of going to school is learning not just from the teachers but from your peers

That's a big part. While in traditional schools networking is a big thing, I would imagine in the creative industry a big part of going to school is learning not just from the teachers but from your peers

Others have also alluded to being inspired by your environment.

Europe is wonderful

Man to be young, and artist and in Europe

Win win win

Europe is wonderful

Man to be young, and artist and in Europe

Win win win

I hope to see at least some of it someday :cloud9: