• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommended Rebirth Issues and Thoughts on the Relaunch and Each Title

317 posts in this topic

In a few weeks you will see a hefty increase in re-orders from retailers that short themselves early on. I don't think you will see any sell outs from here on except maybe Suicide Squad.

Its been awhile since I have been to 10 shops in a week and they are all selling out or have sold out of Rebirth and the Re-launches.

In a week or two you will see prices fall as online orders come in, but they should climb again over the next few months. Re-birth had a large print run, but good stories can do that for you.

I don't think there is much re-order stock available on the first two weeks of Rebirth #1s outside of damage replacements.

Rebirth #1's were sold out at distributor level the same Wednesday as the release of the Rebirth One Shot. The only ones not sold out at distributor level are the ones still open on Diamond orders for this current previews. All these titles will likely have a 2nd print.

In a few weeks you will see a hefty increase in re-orders from retailers that short themselves early on. I don't think you will see any sell outs from here on except maybe Suicide Squad.

Its been awhile since I have been to 10 shops in a week and they are all selling out or have sold out of Rebirth and the Re-launches.

In a week or two you will see prices fall as online orders come in, but they should climb again over the next few months. Re-birth had a large print run, but good stories can do that for you.

I don't think there is much re-order stock available on the first two weeks of Rebirth #1s outside of damage replacements.

Maybe I said that wrong. I meant prices will fall due to speculators getting their mail orders and flooding the market for a short time.

the One Shots are primarily a lead in to the regular series....some even have different artists and co writers.

Are they considered Issue #0 essentially with this week's being the real Issue #1 (speaking of Batman specifically)?

the One Shots are primarily a lead in to the regular series....some even have different artists and co writers.

Are they considered Issue #0 essentially with this week's being the real Issue #1 (speaking of Batman specifically)?

Well...I like to think of them as 1A since 0s don't seem to do very well.

Well...I like to think of them as 1A since 0s don't seem to do very well.

Yeah, these aren't typical issue #0's. I think of them likewise more as 1A's.

I like what I'm seeing from DC. Hopefully it will rattle some cages over at The House of Ideas Reboots.

I read all the rebirth today...good stuff...I've seen some nit picking from people but they probably just want to be the first hater on the block to standout from the crowd. I really liked the Superman 1 and the end of Batman 1 makes you wonder.

Edited by krighton

- DC REBIRTH #1 - Great issue that established a number of story ideas that will play out through the DCU.

- BATMAN: REBIRTH #1 - Had some interesting things going on but not overly impressed.

- BATMAN #1 - It was ok, not great but not terrible. Art is great, story just needs to match that greatness.

- SUPERMAN #1 - This one shows promise and brings back the Superman I know and love. I think making Supes a family man is new territory for creators to explore, especially since he has a son now. Makes for interesting material for future storylines. Look forward to reading more.

Is it me or do these books have as many ads as they do actual comic pages. The ads were annoying the heck out of me.