• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommended Rebirth Issues and Thoughts on the Relaunch and Each Title

317 posts in this topic

Since I haven't really been on top of monthlies for a while, the Rebirth event has been a little confusing. I went around to my local shops yesterday to see what I could find. The biggest shop was sold out of everything except Batman. Another shop had Batman and one copy of Green Lanterns. My final stop had Bats and Superman, but that was it.

I thought I was buying the Rebirth specials, but I guess these are the #1's of the ongoing, and the one-shots came out a couple of weeks ago. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but whatever.

Batman was solidly ok.

Superman made no sense to me.

Green Lanterns was dull as dirt. Didn't even finish reading it.

Off to eBay they go! May stick around for Bats, but nothing else looks very interesting to me.

Since I haven't really been on top of monthlies for a while, the Rebirth event has been a little confusing. I went around to my local shops yesterday to see what I could find. The biggest shop was sold out of everything except Batman. Another shop had Batman and one copy of Green Lanterns. My final stop had Bats and Superman, but that was it.

I thought I was buying the Rebirth specials, but I guess these are the #1's of the ongoing, and the one-shots came out a couple of weeks ago. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but whatever.

Batman was solidly ok.

Off to eBay they go! May stick around for Bats, but nothing else looks very interesting to me.

You probably need to read Convergence 2 Superman and Superman Lois Clark 1-8 for Superman 1 to make sense. Superman is not the new 52 Superman but the post crisis pre 52 superman. Just starting with Superman 1 would be like starting Game of Thrones by first reading Clash of Kings. The Rebirths are kind of the lead in to the #1s...

Edited by krighton

Batman was solidly ok.

You probably need to read Convergence 2 Superman and Superman Lois Clark 1-8 for Superman 1 to make sense. Superman is not the new 52 Superman but the post crisis pre 52 superman. Just starting with Superman 1 would be like starting Game of Thrones by first reading Clash of Kings. The Rebirths are kind of the lead in to the #1s...

It would help if the #1s did not also say Rebirth on them.

Batman was solidly ok.

It would help if the #1s did not also say Rebirth on them.

yeah, makes it very confusing.

Batman #1 = good stuff

I'll bet Gotham Girl and Boy have some sort of past secret 1st appearance that no one knows about. They sure act like Superman/Supergirl though.

Edited by krighton

Batman #1 = good stuff

I'll bet Gotham Girl and Boy have some sort of past secret 1st appearance that no one knows about. They sure act like Superman/Supergirl though.

Yeah-- DC Universe Rebirth #1!

... Just kidding. I know what you meant. As long as it's not Nightwing and Flamebird I'm good to go.

Found this on FB, all of the Rebirth issues released so far:

image_zps9vh0qojd.png

I find it funny that the Green Lanterns #1 ongoing pictured is the variant cover with Jessica. They are obviously pushing her hard to be a top lady.

I've read all that have been released up until this point. So far The Flash has been my favorite, followed by Superman #1 (Superman Rebirth #1 was good too). Batman #1, Batman Rebirth and Wonder Woman were good. The rest were just okay to me. I'll continue reading all of them for a few more weeks to figure out which titles I like best and add them to my pull list.