• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big time collecting advice needed!

49 posts in this topic

I gotta get on board with keeping your coverless Tec #27. Even coverless it is one of the most key of GA comics. You would be sorry down the road. That being said, I do share your love of More Funs. The Spectre is easily my favorite DC character. Due to the cost and scarcity, I own very few any more. So many classic Spectre and Dr. Fate covers. Most of the features inside are good reads as well. I say sell off other stuff to raise the dough if you want 'em
thank you robot man for your advice! Everyone that's commented so for said the same thing for keeping tec 27. More fun 53 and 65 covers are my favorites by far!

If the tec 27 is slightly brittle or worse I'd move it.
If I were to sell it i don't think I'd be able to afford another copy due to price increasing so fast even with poor PQ..

I would only sell it to buy a Cap 1 otherwise maybe the highest graded AF15 I could get. Other than that forget it I would keep the Tec 27!! These are my 3 favorite superheros. Tec 27 is only going to continue to increase in value so why bother selling in the first place. You are going to regret it....when I sold my 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle PSA 4 a few years back I thought it was a good move since I paid 13 000$ and got 16 000$ for it....now in 2016 that same card sells for 35 000$ to 40 000$. When you own the best hang on to it!!

I would only sell it to buy a Cap 1 otherwise maybe the highest graded AF15 I could get. Other than that forget it I would keep the Tec 27!! These are my 3 favorite superheros. Tec 27 is only going to continue to increase in value so why bother selling in the first place. You are going to regret it....when I sold my 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle PSA 4 a few years back I thought it was a good move since I paid 13 000$ and got 16 000$ for it....now in 2016 that same card sells for 35 000$ to 40 000$. When you own the best hang on to it!!
I just purchased a af15 because I didn't want to pay anymore than I have to..it's a low grade but presents very nice...as for cap, it's expensive already... :cry:

You can always sell the Tec 27 at a later time. You cannot (probably) un-sell it, or even get another comparable coverless copy, for the same $ ten years from now, that you might receive for it today.

If it were my book, I'd keep it. Big risk of seller's remorse if selling.

That all of course, is because you are considering selling to be able to buy another discretionary collectible. If you ever needed to sell because in need of money for life expenses, do sell then. For that matter, it's another good reason to hang onto it for now.

Not sure what the market for a coverless Tec 27 is these days, but I imagine it's significant. Good luck whatever you decide. :)

You can always sell the Tec 27 at a later time. You cannot (probably) un-sell it, or even get another comparable coverless copy, for the same $ ten years from now, that you might receive for it today.

If it were my book, I'd keep it. Big risk of seller's remorse if selling.

That all of course, is because you are considering selling to be able to buy another discretionary collectible. If you ever needed to sell because in need of money for life expenses, do sell then. For that matter, it's another good reason to hang onto it for now.

Not sure what the market for a coverless Tec 27 is these days, but I imagine it's significant. Good luck whatever you decide. :)

thank you for the advice! I definitely not in a hurry to do anything, I just wanted to see what the long time board members thought:)

Congrats!!! That was an awesome book. I almost pulled the trigger on the #12 today and someone beat me to it. He still has quite a few to choose from thats for sure.
I know!! I'm tempted to bundle some books together from mark hm

It's definitely a landslide decision here to keep your Tec 27. I also have a coverless copy with offwhite-white pages roughly and complete and will not sell it unless of course I can upgrade (unlikely!). It's the 2nd most important book in the hobby. C'mon now :) You will regret it down the line.

It's definitely a landslide decision here to keep your Tec 27. I also have a coverless copy with offwhite-white pages roughly and complete and will not sell it unless of course I can upgrade (unlikely!). It's the 2nd most important book in the hobby. C'mon now :) You will regret it down the line.
I think I really would regret it down the line if I sell now that I think about it. I guess I just got to save and purchase one at a time :headbang: thanks for the advice dark knight!!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!! 99% of people has told me to keep the tec27!! I will pursue my goal of more fun comics slowly and will enjoy every moment of it:)

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!! 99% of people has told me to keep the tec27!! I will pursue my goal of more fun comics slowly and will enjoy every moment of it:)

The is the wisest move to do....keep your Tec 27!!

thanks hulk1962!!!