• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Take a perfectly good 9.4/9.6ish type book...

20 posts in this topic

Don't forget the Diamond JIM 83.

Perfect book with the corner crease at the bottom.

Was it one inch?

Since yours isn't a pedegree I'd guess 8.0/8.5

well if you press the book wouldn't you be able to get it back to a 9.6?

ducks as the bricks start flying

NO - you can't repace the lost color along the crease by pressing the book. i still think there are far too many folks who think that pressing can cure many ills. IMO there are only a few small things that NDP pressing can improve.

and i agree with Aces on an 8.0-8.5 for an otherwise 9.4-9.6 book.............

Would this not fall under the Qualified label?.. Perfect book.. 1 major flaw?

I've seen a perfect book with a 1" corner crease slabbed before.

It was a blue label 7.0.

Hence, my guess of 7.0. confused-smiley-013.gif

This really ought to be one of those things that has one answer. You know? Some CGC grading type should be able to pipe up and dictate as its a clear cut sort of question.

This really ought to be one of those things that has one answer. You know? Some CGC grading type should be able to pipe up and dictate as its a clear cut sort of question.

Without scans, there will be many answers . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif (even with them gossip.gif)

well if you press the book wouldn't you be able to get it back to a 9.6?

ducks as the bricks start flying

NO - you can't repace the lost color along the crease by pressing the book. i still think there are far too many folks who think that pressing can cure many ills. IMO there are only a few small things that NDP pressing can improve.

and i agree with Aces on an 8.0-8.5 for an otherwise 9.4-9.6 book.............

NDP ?

Although this has nothing to do with the grading, but I'm curious as to what book you're decribing has this problem. A few months back I won an auction that was advertised as 9.4/9.6, but when I got it, it had just what you described. I fought for a refund and eventually got it....

O, its not a book I own, it was a theoretical question.

Therefore I cannot give scans.

Make it a slabbed 9.6 book that you crack out and crease exactly as I describe. Don't need a scan for that, there should be 1 answer, or at the very least a 7.5/8.0 type answer.

I did get an otherwise 9.0/9.2 ASM 63 recently that had such a crease. The crease was hidden by a glare in the scan. O well. =) Occasionally I'll take a chance on a low priced book from honest sounding sellers who may not know what it is they have or how to describe it. I've lucked out like that before, and I've bombed out, in this case I paid guide-ish for what is likely a 7.0 type book. O well.