• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problems with Mile High Comics

78 posts in this topic

The cost of those warehouses wouldn't be so much if he didn't fill them with overpriced drek nobody is ever going to want. He's stuck in the past, the days when comic shops were not in competition with eBay sellers. Back when Milehigh was doing mail order in the pre-internet days their prices were actually competitive with the few local comic shops I had. Because the local comic shops also had ridiculous prices on everything. Everyone has adapted to remain competitive but Chuck.

MHC's business model is out of control. $900+ for a X-Men 266 NM UPC is insane, he'll never sell it at that price and chuck will say "we'll we have to cause the cost of doing business and the warehouses we have is high" Which is true but if 2 dealers have the same book and they both have 10 copies of each, chuck's price is $50 and the competition's price is $20, the other guy will sell out and bring in cash flow much faster while Chuck is still waiting to sell his first one at $50.

Insane.....he said the price is based on the website for example Bone #51 NM was sold for $4. The price on other NM copy was automatically increased by 20-25%. If the book has not sold in three weeks. The price will be dropped by 30%. Hopefully the book will be sold instantly then the price will go up again. It is hard to believe his business is still running. I have seen it many times.

MHC's business model is out of control. $900+ for a X-Men 266 NM UPC is insane, he'll never sell it at that price and chuck will say "we'll we have to cause the cost of doing business and the warehouses we have is high" Which is true but if 2 dealers have the same book and they both have 10 copies of each, chuck's price is $50 and the competition's price is $20, the other guy will sell out and bring in cash flow much faster while Chuck is still waiting to sell his first one at $50.

Insane.....he said the price is based on the website for example Bone #51 NM was sold for $4. The price on other NM copy was automatically increased by 20-25%. If the book has not sold in three weeks. The price will be dropped by 30%. Hopefully the book will be sold instantly then the price will go up again. It is hard to believe his business is still running. I have seen it many times.

Chuck wants to be the "Dealer with everything" and always has what you are looking for in stock. He wants to be the Home Depot of the comic world, But Chuckie boy needs to work on pricing, It's like he buys books for literally pennies and tries to sell them for hundreds of dollars.

Chuck wants to be the "Dealer with everything" and always has what you are looking for in stock. He wants to be the Home Depot of the comic world, But Chuckie boy needs to work on pricing, It's like he buys books for literally pennies and tries to sell them for hundreds of dollars.

he wants all the comics in the world, wants to pay pennies for your books because he has a big where house and sell them many X's the real price because he owns a where-house..you lose

Chuck wants to be the "Dealer with everything" and always has what you are looking for in stock.

As long as it's drek. He's always sold out of anything with any significant demand.

Despite his hoarding of huge amounts of paper, nothing much has changed then since I did mail order with him back in the early nineties.

Chuck wants to be the "Dealer with everything" and always has what you are looking for in stock.

As long as it's drek. He's always sold out of anything with any significant demand.

Despite his hoarding of huge amounts of paper, nothing much has changed then since I did mail order with him back in the early nineties.

Same. He seemed to focus on recent moderns, which was actually the hot stuff back then, or common Copper Age stuff, never the hot issues.

Does anybody know why a book I'm looking for is more expensive (more than twice the amount) on their site than the same book on their eBay account?

It's the free market...get as much as you can...pay as little as possible...that is how chuck got 10 million comics or more. but I wonder how many are really quality? 500K ? just check out the mile high video on you tube--over 6 million comics in mega store.

Does anybody know why a book I'm looking for is more expensive (more than twice the amount) on their site than the same book on their eBay account?

It's the free market...get as much as you can...pay as little as possible...that is how chuck got 10 million comics or more. just war.I wonder how many are really quality? 500K ? just check out the mile high video on you tube--over 6 million comics in mega store.

What I mean is the SAME book on their site is also listed on their eBay account for less than half the price. I just don't understand why it would be $60 cheaper on their milehigh eBay account than milehigh.com

It's the free market...get as much as you can...pay as little as possible...that is how chuck got 10 million comics or more..I wonder how many are really quality? 500K ?

On their site the books are priced higher with the expectation of perpetual 50-60% off sales. On ebay they post prices similar to what you'd get on their site if you used a discount code, so their ebay prices will be lower to begin with.

It's the free market...get as much as you can...pay as little as possible...that is how chuck got 10 million comics or more..I wonder how many are really quality? 500K ?

On their site the books are priced higher with the expectation of perpetual 50-60% off sales. On ebay they post prices similar to what you'd get on their site if you used a discount code, so their ebay prices will be lower to begin with.

Ahhh Thank you!

They might have 50 or so desirable golden age books left in stock , with of course the obligatory MileHigh Prices.

he says 6 million or 8 million in one building and 2 million on the ranch.....wow