• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problems with Mile High Comics

78 posts in this topic

Also, Mile High usually has better availability and pricing. MCS may have a book you want, but it could be a jacked up price on consignment.

Mile High does not generally have better prices on common stuff. I've been putting together VG to F/VF bronze reader runs and MCS. For that stuff, MCS usually has the better prices.

However, I have noticed a recent trend of MCS's prices starting to creep up on this stuff.

If you're just looking to buy one book, sure MCS is good.

how does Chuck keep the lights on competing against MCS?

MCS has better customer service, much better prices, and SUBSTANTIALLY better grading practices.

Because they have more stock. If you're just looking to buy one book, sure MCS is good. But, in my experiences, MCS only lets you buy 2 copies of a book. Mile High you can get basically as many as you want if you can figure out their glitch.

Also, Mile High usually has better availability and pricing. MCS may have a book you want, but it could be a jacked up price on consignment.

Do you remember what book you were trying to buy? I've bought up to five copies of the same book more than once and was never limited to two copies :shrug: .

MCS has better customer service, much better prices, and SUBSTANTIALLY better grading practices.

Because they have more stock. If you're just looking to buy one book, sure MCS is good. But, in my experiences, MCS only lets you buy 2 copies of a book. Mile High you can get basically as many as you want if you can figure out their glitch.

Do you remember what book you were trying to buy? I've bought up to five copies of the same book more than once and was never limited to two copies :shrug: .

It happened multiple times to me. Don't recall if it was a new release or backstock. Maybe I'm just lucky and picked books where they only had two in stock each time?

Either way, they rarely have 5 plus of any book, unlike Mile High.

It happened multiple times to me. Don't recall if it was a new release or backstock. Maybe I'm just luck and picked books where they only had two in stock each time?

Either way, they rarely have 5 plus of any book, unlike Mile High.

I believe the last book I ordered from MCS was Outcast #2. I ordered all the ones they were showing in stock, and after I received my book, they still had that issue listed on their site. They must've had a lot of copies.

I purchased few copies from Miles High via eBay without any problems. Their website is already becoming an antique.

Already? It's been an antique since 2002 (at least).

I purchased few copies from Miles High via eBay without any problems. Their website is already becoming an antique.

Already? It's been an antique since 2002 (at least).

With that much stock, unless chuck just wants to keep as much comic books as he can..that should be a priority since he just combined where houses, his you-tube videos are great, the latest one shows just after the move

Actually I hadn't checked my bank account, so I didn't notice the payment May 6 - and I ordered the same books again :facepalm: Now I'm trying to cancel the latest order, but again - no reply from MHC.

This is just going great :censored:

Now MHC has taken payment for the order I've been trying to cancel (my first mail about cancelling the order was sent a few hours after placing the order). Looks like I'm getting similar books twice :censored:

So I'm taking the approach from the movie "The Shawshank Redemption", and I'm going to send MHC this nice mail for some weeks (or until I get some shipping confirmation and all is lost):

MHC_zps8ugiyagu.jpg

:idea: After a quick search on the web I noticed that MHC may be using these email adresses too:

back_issue@milehighcomics.com (this may be the important one, I'll let you know if it works)

lynne@milehighcomics.com

mhc.jasonstreet@gmail.com

No, I'm not going to spam them massively, I'm a polite person :angel:

Seems I've got a breakthrough in the MHC case :acclaim:

Lynne just responded:

"Hello Rune-

I have forwarded your email to our Back Issue Department, back_issue@milehighcomics.com

She should be able to catch the order and cancel the dup.

Lynne MacAfee

Mile High Comics"

Note that she confirmed that the correct e-mail address is back_issue@milehighcomics.com, but all MHC order confirmations are sent from backissue@milehighcomics.com - so maybe there's an explanation hidden here? hm

I'm sure she'll find it absolutely wonderful if she starts to get a ton of mails from annoyed customers :facepalm: - But that must be up to MHC to solve :sumo:

Note that she confirmed that the correct e-mail address is back_issue@milehighcomics.com, but all MHC order confirmations are sent from backissue@milehighcomics.com - so maybe there's an explanation hidden here? hm

I was just informed by Olemo that there shouldn't be any difference between using back_issue@milehighcomics.com and backissue@milehighcomics.com - so lynne@milehighcomics.com may be the best option, for now... :wishluck:

Its funny ive never actually got a NM comic back from CGC from them that they actually graded NM.

The only time I've ever sent a Mile High comic in for grading it was a Copper and came back a 9.6. That was WITHOUT a press.

Remember a NM is only 9.4. Even MCS has stated they generally don't list specific grades over NM in the Modern listings.

My situation so far - because MHC did not react to my emails and didn't send me a shipping confirmation, I thought my first order didn't register and I bought the same books again.

Now both orders have shipped, sigh.

This is an unfortunate situation, but Lynne was kind to offer that my next order could be subtracted the full amount I payed for my last (duplicate) order - that's ok with me :foryou:

Does anyone have a really great experience with Mile High Comics? Everything I've heard leads me to believe that they're overpriced, overgrade and extremely slow to ship items. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, anyone. I have no personal experience with their online orders.

I've never ordered from them, either, but I've heard enough negative stories to keep me away.

I had some terrible experiences when Mile High had a store in Garden Grove, Calif. It's a wonder why that store failed. I have never used his website,or buy from him ever again.

I lived in Orange, California and visited the Mile High store a few times, found customer service rude and everything overpriced. Found much nicer stores in Fullerton and Tustin.

Its funny ive never actually got a NM comic back from CGC from them that they actually graded NM.

The only time I've ever sent a Mile High comic in for grading it was a Copper and came back a 9.6. That was WITHOUT a press.

Remember a NM is only 9.4. Even MCS has stated they generally don't list specific grades over NM in the Modern listings.

I've had their comics vary pretty wildly in grade when I usually choose NM. They've come looking NM, they've come looking very obviously not NM.

I just got a shipping confirmation from MHC, so maybe they are working hard to fix the missing mails (thumbs u

So that must be a good thing :foryou: - althought it was a shipping confirmation for an order I've been trying to get MHC to cancel for weeks :ohnoez:

Never understood how Mile High stays getting business. I used them to get new books for a while, but when they got to me (in Belgium) a lot of the time the where damaged.

After many, many unanswered mail I gave up and cancelled my monthly books. They lost out on many $1000 and $1000 from me alone as I used to order near a 100 book a month with 4 friends. Found ourself a very good dealer in holland and ditched MHC.

Older books, filling up gaps, etc. Is done at MyComicShop. Click on the link in my signature and order there (earns me some trade dollars). Their service is so much better. Their webside so much better too.

Again, how does MH stays in business?

I just got a shipping confirmation from MHC, so maybe they are working hard to fix the missing mails (thumbs u

So that must be a good thing :foryou: - althought it was a shipping confirmation for an order I've been trying to get MHC to cancel for weeks :ohnoez:

I got a temporary credit reimbursement today from PayPal for an order from Mile High in which they just simply did not respond to 3 emails over a month period.

MHC's business model is out of control. $900+ for a X-Men 266 NM UPC is insane, he'll never sell it at that price and chuck will say "we'll we have to cause the cost of doing business and the warehouses we have is high" Which is true but if 2 dealers have the same book and they both have 10 copies of each, chuck's price is $50 and the competition's price is $20, the other guy will sell out and bring in cash flow much faster while Chuck is still waiting to sell his first one at $50.