• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

am I wrong on this one? sold a book here in the FS forum.

533 posts in this topic

Microchamber paper slipping a bit has got to be one of the most anal retentive and lamest excuses I've seen yet to weasel $$ out of the deal AFTER THE FACT.

I know of one buyer who does this myself. I now have him on ignore.

I've had some issues with someone also. I don't know if it's the same guy but the people seem to think nothing fly's around under the radar here between boardies, and we don't compare notes.

This particular seller has done the same thing to others and I wouldn't sell him sanitary wiper to wipe his kiester. There I said it. lol

Yes I received the slab unfortunately it was inside a box and I had to open it. I would like a $40 refund off the $70 purchase price thx.

Dear thedude:

Thank you for sending the book so well packaged. Unfortunately while opening it I cut myself. Please remit the cost of my doctor visit and bandaid. Many thanks.

-this cheapskate.

Yes ok I did receive the book BUT there was a 1/2" piece of lint on the front of the slab in the rt upper quadrant.

I see no way of removing it and since the slab is irrevocably damages I'm sorry but I'm gonna need a complete refund and keep the book.

Better luck next time.

ok, I sold a CGC graded book, here in one of my FS threads. and supplied front and back scans, and even agreed upon time payments over 3 months, shipped the book securely fully insured and sig guarantee. when the buyer got the book he wasn't happy that the microchamber paper had slipped out a bit and was visible at the bottom of the book. he asked what I could do for him, meaning of course some type of partial refund for this "defect" which he has done 3 other times in the past on raw books for different varying reasons, which each time he didn't want to return the book for full refund, instead, he wanted a partial refund each time.

I've only done 4 transactions with this boardie and each time, he's had an issue and wants partial refund, this time was a CGC graded book, so I thought, "what could go wrong? it's right there on the label, he knows what book he is buying", so he recieves the books and PMs me that he is unhappy about the micropaper chamber showing, so is that reason enough to return a book? I've won a few books at CL, Heritage, eBay, etc, that had the micro paper chamber showing, could I have returned the book to one of the major auction houses for that reason"

it wouldn't be so bad if this was the only time he has had an issue, but this is the 4th time out of 4 transactions. needless to say there will NOT be another.

he is returning the book for a full refund, but it's such a waste of time, effort and now I"m also out shipping/insurance fees.

Take the book back and give him a full refund. Do not deal with him in the future. PM me his name so he can get added to my "list"

In future sales threads you should have a bullet point like this:

- I reserve the right to sell to you whether you are on a probation list or not.

I had that in my sales thread, but I thought it would be different this time around since it was a CGC graded book, which I stated "no refunds on CGC graded books" but I'm not gonna hold him to that since that's the kind of guy I am, honest, respectable.

Alton, I assume no microchamber paper was showing in the scans?

well, it's weird, it doesn't show from the front scan, which is probably an old scan from when I first got the book. so I guess that's my fault. but you can see it a little from the back scan.

here are the scans.

Action63fvf_zpsgywyovca.jpg

Action63fvfbc_zpsvv0xjayz.jpg

This is the one problem I have with the board selling. The buyer should be outed, given that s/he has an obvious pattern (as others have mentioned it is similar to GI Joe) but there is no place to really do that. We can't leave negative comments, so I wonder how many other boardies have had the same thing happened to them and they have no idea that this person is doing it to others as well.

We have a Bingo (thumbs u

And to my knowledge Alton is a top notch guy. I've not heard anyone say anything negative about him. (thumbs u

thanks Roy, your the best. :grin:

HA I found something negative!!!!! It's you're the best not your :banana: (Just messing with ya)

lol sorry, a little distracted with PMs at the moment.

lol Hate to do this to you but PM sent. :foryou: As a long time board member I too would like to know who this is.

Most board members here are great and wonderful to deal with but I have my own personal "list" and it may have just gotten longer.

Could we have the name of this dipsh-t buyer ( or at least via PM ) ?

Thanks.

I have been sent many PMs already, which I don't mind one bit, I'm a little uncomfortable posting it here, just doesn't feel right to me,, but I can give a hint.

think.... Aerosmith singer + Los Angeles football team.

Thanks.

I have been sent many PMs already, which I don't mind one bit, I'm a little uncomfortable posting it here, just doesn't feel right to me,, but I can give a hint.

I don't know the first thing about American football. (shrug)

Anyone who already has a name feel free to PM to ease the amount of PM's OP is likely getting.

Thank you.

Update: -- I now have a name. Thanks --

Thanks.

I think your sales thread gave it away too if one were to look through the whole thing.

Thanks.

I think your sales thread gave it away too if one were to look through the whole thing.

yeah, probably, just wish he was cool with the book, I don't get it, I've never returned ANY book bought here on the boards, I use the scans, descriptions, etc. to judge my purchase, never had a problem.