• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aspen comics honouring Tuners legacy.....maybe NOT (rant)

318 posts in this topic

DANG IT!!!!!

I had no idea this was even today as it was not listed on their website as upcoming sales doh!

Definitely try giving your email for their newsletter, believe they sent out something yesterday and this morning for it if I recall. Good luck for the All Star Batman variant next week!

2nd chance Harley tomorrow 9am. Print run now

9,000 Color Edition

6,000 Black and White Sketch Edition

2,500 Special Unmasked Edition

Looks like this is gonna happen on all of the releases from now on. I'm just gonna purchase for PC for all star, they could feasibly end up doing three prints of that.

This may sound horrible, and it probably is, but I really think this proves the point that Aspen comics is not worried about Turner's legacy and more worried about a cash grab. At this point I am not surprised if they get somebody to sign Michael Turner's name and claim it as an autographed copy

Edited by Kaboom

Im disappointed in the going back to press for the Harley Quinn. Totally devalues the book, the exclusivity, and longterm potential. Why didn't they just do a second printing like with Batman.

How can they advertise only 1000 pudding than print more? Sure doesn't seem legal to me

I get they want to give fans a chance to get the book. But that's what second printings are for.

Yeah, they're just concerned for the fans...that's the main reason for the increase

hmmm....1500 more Puddin Packs @$60/ = $90,000 3500 more Dual Packs at $30/ =$105,000 and 6000 more Color Books @$15/= $90,000 . SO, $285,000 more in sales (17,500 more books sold . Cost is approx $52,500) . Good on them for going above and beyond for their new fans

Edited by viperdays

hmmm....1500 more Puddin Packs @$60/ = $90,000 3500 more Dual Packs at $30/ =$105,000 and 6000 more Color Books @$15/= $90,000 . SO, $285,000 more in sales (17,500 more books sold . Cost is approx $52,500) . Good on them for going above and beyond for their new fans

Exactly (thumbs u

i'm sure the fans will reciprocate and buy tons more of their product....let me check their facebook and see how happy their fans are about this increase in print run.

I wouldn't worry about the few people online who complain. They will more than make up for the disappointment a few "fans" will have.

Just to clarify some misconceptions on here in regards to Aspen Comics latest release with Harley Quinn, we are currently reviewing orders to insure that everyone is follow the limits set forth for ordering on AspenStore.com.

All of us here at Aspen want to help satisfy everyone and insure a fair chance for everyone to get the comic books that they want.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Take Care,

Chris

Aspen MLT, Inc

AspenStore.com

I don't have much hope that this will get red, but how's about publishers stop making "collectibles", and just publish things that are easily accessible, with reasonable effort, by fans...? Instead of these "Beanie Baby" type offerings that may spur some interest, but ultimately backfire, leading to...well..."Beanie Babies."

That way, no one would need a "fair chance" to get the comic books that they want, because it would be fair automatically.

I know, crazy, right...?

With the focus on the "Hatless" variant what is really lost is the increased print runs on the other 2 books. Color is now at 9000 !!! and B&W at 6000!!! They are now going to keep the 3rd variant print run at 1000 but why the CRAZY high increase of the other 2 . Seems to me the reason they were increasing all of the numbers was because the MAJORITY wanted more of the Hatless which necessitated icreased numbers of the other 2. Then the LOUD Minority who were able to purchase the 3 packs(1000 buyers vs 3000 buyers hypothetically) raised a stink and they have changed their minds again. That should decrease the numbers of the other 2 as well.

Things have gotten out of control. I think they truly are trying to appease as many people as possible. They know they could print until people stop buying it and make bank, the demand is obviously there. But they should just stop listening to the FB people, stick to a plan and just do it.

Just to clarify some misconceptions on here in regards to Aspen Comics latest release with Harley Quinn, we are currently reviewing orders to insure that everyone is follow the limits set forth for ordering on AspenStore.com.

All of us here at Aspen want to help satisfy everyone and insure a fair chance for everyone to get the comic books that they want.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Take Care,

Chris

Aspen MLT, Inc

AspenStore.com

I don't have much hope that this will get red, but how's about publishers stop making "collectibles", and just publish things that are easily accessible, with reasonable effort, by fans...? Instead of these "Beanie Baby" type offerings that may spur some interest, but ultimately backfire, leading to...well..."Beanie Babies."

That way, no one would need a "fair chance" to get the comic books that they want, because it would be fair automatically.

I know, crazy, right...?

But then the writers would actually have to craft original stories worth reading. It is much easier to slap a variant cover on the book and make 10 times as much.

Exactly (thumbs u

This is what brought about the downfall of American girl dolls (they're still made but not a collectible) and muffy Vanderbear. When you take away the rarity of a formerly rare item and decide to mass produce to fulfill a perceived demand (or greed from the makers), interest for the product goes down by those who made your item desirable in the first place. They never learn from the tale of the goose that laid the golden eggs. I've seen this happen too many times. Speculators serve a purpose and the few squeaky wheels need to be ignored (not just in comic collecting)

Edited by krighton