• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harely Quinn #1 Rebirth variants

446 posts in this topic

Let's not BS ourselves, Every variant/regular cover here has a terrible design. (I blame DC editors for this since they have the final say) They're boring to look at. She's not even really doing anything other than standing around striking a pose.

$5.00 shipping.....how well packaged can one expect it to be?

It's not so much a question of expense, because a book can be sent via 1st class in a small box with extra boards (standard Mylite2 size + 3 standard full backs + bubblewrapped on a sheet of cardboard)......but the question is predicated on wether a seller really gives a damn about giving his buyers 9.8 candidates.

In my experience, it is not worth the time or effort, that's why I shy away from selling raws through eBay.I'd rather have a book slabbed ir sell it raw at a show.

With my eBay shipping discount, shipping a 1 pound 1st class package, is about $3.25.

Small boxes ( sized to fit 10 books, with bubblewrap) in bulk + 1 sheet of cardboard...about $1.75...

3 full backs + 1 Mylite2= $1.25( my cost at bulk rate)

Time involved in packaging a modern so it keeps its' 9.8 raw grade = 10-15 painstaking, effing minutes.....last modern I sold was a raw 9.8 Preacher 66 (Dillon signature) at $26.66 +$4.95 shipping BIN.Should have just sat on it til it sold at a $49.99 BIN bc it was such a pain in the balls....or just had the damn book graded.

If I buy raw moderns off eBay, I tell the seller to send me a revised total with a qoute including boxed shipping and extra backing boards.If you are specific and make an issue of it while offering to pay extra, chances are that most sellers will deliver the book as advertised.

Let's not BS ourselves, Every variant/regular cover here has a terrible design. (I blame DC editors for this since they have the final say) They're boring to look at. She's not even really doing anything other than standing around striking a pose.

The 2 Zapps BA 12 homage variants for HQ 1 look fairly decent to me.

With a BA 12 homage cover, that'd be my pick for the one variant that would be worth buying, slabbing and sitting on for a while.

I haven't seen all of the variants, though....if there is a Timm, Hughes or Campbell variant...they'd be safe bets, too.

Then again, I'm only talking about dead on 9.8 raws...not a safe play if you're buying them online.

Zapps variant for Batman 1 is also pretty solid...but meh, I'd have to buy them in person and be able to cherry pick 9.8's.

Has anyone been able to order the Louw variant? The site says there are 0 in stock, but I'm not sure if that's because they are sold out already, or if they haven't actually been released for sale yet.

http://megagamingandcomics.com/ProductItem/Detail/61965

Pic for attention.

2-61965-1-fs.jpg

Don't think they have made them available yet.But for $30 bucks i might pass or just get one and hope it comes high grade.Or just buy one off ebay high grade and not chance it

The 2 Zapps BA 12 homage variants for HQ 1 look fairly decent to me.

With a BA 12 homage cover, that'd be my pick for the one variant that would be worth buying, slabbing and sitting on for a while.

I haven't seen all of the variants, though....if there is a Timm, Hughes or Campbell variant...they'd be safe bets, too.

Then again, I'm only talking about dead on 9.8 raws...not a safe play if you're buying them online.

Zapps variant for Batman 1 is also pretty solid...but meh, I'd have to buy them in person and be able to cherry pick 9.8's.

Well how many homage covers do we need these days? Stuff is just getting rehashed these days because they are just playing it safe. Not blaming the actual art itself, just the cover design.

IMO we are/will see a shift back towards the cover A. The retailer incentive covers directly from the manufacturer have been overkill but what we are seeing with these store variants is wayyy too much. Image a few years ago was hammered by the hobby for it and they adjusted accordingly. Hope to see the Big 2 so the same soon too.

i'll just do my own push back against them and not get any...the Covers A & B of Rebirth are good enough for my spec/collector senses to feel satisfied.

I am really interested to see what Bill Sienkiewicz Alt Cover looks like . Expect it to be spectacular and it won't cost $10-15-20 or more to order. You can still pre-order them at 20% off cover . Now that is a speculative deal.

i'll just do my own push back against them and not get any...the Covers A & B of Rebirth are good enough for my spec/collector senses to feel satisfied.

I am really interested to see what Bill Sienkiewicz Alt Cover looks like . Expect it to be spectacular and it won't cost $10-15-20 or more to order. You can still pre-order them at 20% off cover . Now that is a speculative deal.

i'm curious about Supergirl 1 rebirth Cover B Hughes variant

i'm curious about Supergirl 1 rebirth Cover B Hughes variant

Another 1 on A LOT of people's radar.

The Louw variant mentioned on the previous page now has 196 copies listed as in stock. Price is now $24.99, which is at least better than $30. Now if only they'd lower that $35 price tag on the Ed Benes variant..

http://megagamingandcomics.com/ProductItem/Detail/61965

Edit: there's also a combo price with a weird blank color sketch they have, instead of a B/W version. Those are $30 apiece or $50 for both.

http://megagamingandcomics.com/ProductItem/Detail/61966

http://megagamingandcomics.com/ProductItem/Detail/61967

I like that one too.

Here's a link from a few days ago of all 35 covers:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/02/all-30-harley-quinn-1-rebirth-retailer-variant-covers-we-could-find/

It's worth noting that link keeps getting updated as well; it was originally 30 covers. The Chen and Anacleto covers were both added yesterday.