• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I went to a comic store

189 posts in this topic

The books on the wall had prices on them.

The only other books I found that had prices on them were these. I had asked if the prices were firm. He said he would have to check Overstreet.

IMG_20160625_140139567_zpsw1iishjn.jpg

That looks almost identical to a comic shop out in Moreno Valley that closed down recently. The isles were too close together to walk down, but they were on rollers so you could push them together as long as nobody was on the next isle. Seemed like an accident waiting to happen, the place was definitely a fire hazard, boxes and stacks of comics everywhere.

The good part is they didn't really price anything higher than bargain bin prices and they had some decent stuff. Finding anything in high grade would be a chore, but filling crazy runs of TMNT, Groo, and The Nam was easy enough. And as crazy and messy as the place was, the women who ran it knew where everything was at.

How could you go through the boxes on the bottom with all that stuff piled on top? Looks like too much work to look.

If you are referring to this picture, good catch. I couldn't go through any of these long boxes in the center of the room.

IMG_20160625_142639606_zpssdowmcpq.jpg