• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I went to a comic store

189 posts in this topic

That Jonah Hex 9 has a Wrightson cover and as such used to be broken out in the OSPG.

Totally worth the $25 I assume they're asking for it, and if I'm wrong and it's really $20, then by gum, I hope it's yours now

I wish I could find a struggling store like that about to default that I could snag for cheap. A little overtime after hours could make that a place someone could shop. Reasonable prices on the inventory and having everything accessible with short drawer boxes stacked five high, all the product alphabetized, and a table for rooting through the boxes is all it needs. And proper storage so nothing gets further destroyed. I feel like he's going to scare off 90% of his potential customers and all that product will be at a local auction for $1000 later

Looks more like someone's garage than a store, but I never mind digging under stuff if it means I'm going to unearth treasure. Did you find anything?

I looked forward to digging through all of the boxes. About 75% of the boxes were 90s overstock.

Spent over two hours in this store and didn't buy anything.

That Jonah Hex 9 has a Wrightson cover and as such used to be broken out in the OSPG.

Totally worth the $25 I assume they're asking for it, and if I'm wrong and it's really $20, then by gum, I hope it's yours now

Did not know that information and did not buy the book. Judging by GPA, I made the right call.

Looks like an overpriced storage locker for a rich kid who doesn't care anymore

The owner was a 60 year old hippie who didn't understand CGC and was anit-eBay.

Ah, I'm actually surprised. Well maybe not so much, hippie and all...

most comic shops I've been to are owned by people who don't like CGC because CGC will just tell them their comics are low grade, and they don't like eBay because eBay will just tell them their inventory of 90's drek is worthless. They like the Overstreet guide and like to price everything at NM regardless of actual condition

Every now and then I find a place like this. You can - if you're willing to work - make a killing as the store will be out of touch with the market. Of course, as your Jonah Hex examples show, that works both ways.

IMG_20160625_142639606_zpssdowmcpq.jpg

Is that an automated self portrait you took of yourself in the background busily loading these pictures onto the boards for us to see? (thumbs ulol

Love those sexy legs of yours! :devil:

This looks like - seriously - my basement. You should just come over here. I've got better comics for sale, comfy chairs, and I'll get you a nice beverage.

The books on the wall had prices on them.

The only other books I found that had prices on them were these. I had asked if the prices were firm. He said he would have to check Overstreet.

IMG_20160625_140139567_zpsw1iishjn.jpg

And for all those people that say Overstreet is irrelevant as nobody uses it anymore nowadays. (tsk)

Did not know that information and did not buy the book. Judging by GPA, I made the right call.

Did not know that GPA was keeping track of raw sale prices now. :gossip:

Every now and then I find a place like this. You can - if you're willing to work - make a killing as the store will be out of touch with the market. Of course, as your Jonah Hex examples show, that works both ways.

I understand and agree; the opportunities are out there. That's why I spent a couple of hours at this hole-in-the-wall comic book store.

But there was nothing there. The store had been cherry picked.