• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

California Comic Convention ( CalComicCon) 2017
2 2

210 posts in this topic

The show is small on purpose to make non-comic collectors less interested in going there.

To do this I must be willing to take a loss on the production of the show. I make all my profit at the booth.

this is how I describe it to new people that are not familiar with the show:

It is a small show that is a throw back to the days when a ComicCon was about Comic books and Comic art.

The attendance is usually about 300-400 and the people that attend are actual comic book collectors for the most part.

The attendance is small because I make money at my table ( I sell vintage comic books) not at the door. because I focus on vintage comic dealers and art work, this excludes very large crowds. That said the fans that do show up bring a lot of money to spend. Manny are people that can no longer get tickets to San Diego ComicCon and other large shows, and or just hate the large crowds

at most other comic book shows. Every guest Artist/writerI have had to date had said they had a great time and would come back any time I asked them to.

Terry, I think you're going to need a bigger room.
Or we can ban you

I don't take up much room, and I shower beforehand.

I have my new passport ready to ravage the US shows for the next 10 years

I'm hoping there are some festivities on Saturday/Saturday night. Time to hang out, eat drink and be merry. After the show on Sunday I dont have too much time for that as I got to get back towards the airport. Anything planned yet? Anyone care to get together the night before? Brocks payin :wishluck: