• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Checking one off the comic-art bucket-list: Kirby/Sinnott FF

12 posts in this topic

I think many of you can identify with the feeling of having an obsessive weight lifted from your shoulders when you FINALLY acquire a piece that has been haunting you. For me, for the past several years, it's been the specter of a large art page of Kirby/Sinnott FF art. Came close a few times to finally scratching this itch, but always fell short--and in the process contacted just about every collector who had one of these pages on display in their CAF (thanks for putting up with me).

I'm happy to say, however, that finally it all came together. Wasn't easy or cheap, but it was definitely worth it. Holding this page, you can feel everything that Stan, Jack, and Joe put into it--the power and passion of the Thing, Kirby's dynamic storytelling, Sinnott's incredibly precise inks (so amazing in person). And you know Stan had to be smiling when he wrote "Happy landin's, buttercup!"

Please take a look if you're interested, the Thing takes on the Silver Surfer from Fantastic Four #55 from 1966:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1327183

Best,

Jeremy