• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

.....one FINE Thread..... post those LOU FINE'S..........
3 3

365 posts in this topic

This one has a great Ray story inside…

0tASOVzh.jpg

Just to show the wonderfully detailed art inside (not from my copy, but PQ is nice in mine as well):

GBjijA6h.jpg

I7FlDEKh.jpg

Now that's some stunningly graceful artwork from the hand of Lou Fine!

(double posting out of sheer excitement)

Daily math problem:

6 ghouls :insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane: + 1 flame :flamed: =

7 (Wonderworld)

(Damsel in distress not included in this equation :whatev:)

wonderworld_7_300dpi_8q_5w_zpsqo93tmqf.jpg

That one was up for auction a few months ago, wasn't it?

Just out of curiosity, why is it a 4.5? Looks absolutely amazing for the grade. Great pickup.

Daily math problem:

7 (Wonderworld)

Just out of curiosity, why is it a 4.5? Looks absolutely amazing for the grade. Great pickup.

Thanks comicjack and october. I'm super-pleased. The colors look even better in hand.

Yes, this book was up for bidding at the last CL featured auction. There was a 5.0 at the HA signature auction a few weeks prior, but I felt the 4.5 showed brighter colors, so double-downed for it.

Not sure why it sits at 4.5. There might be a bit of a spine split, though it's hard to tell through this version of the plastic slab. Maybe I'll buy the grading notes, or just crack it out...

Daily math problem:

7 (Wonderworld)

Thanks comicjack and october. I'm super-pleased. The colors look even better in hand.

Yes, this book was up for bidding at the last CL featured auction. There was a 5.0 at the HA signature auction a few weeks prior, but I felt the 4.5 showed brighter colors, so double-downed for it.

Not sure why it sits at 4.5. There might be a bit of a spine split, though it's hard to tell through this version of the plastic slab. Maybe I'll buy the grading notes, or just crack it out...

....get the notes, brother..... it's my experience that books with this type of eye appeal in a lower grade slab have a very significant flaw..... it may be something you can live with, but it may not be..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

After a Wonderworld 7, it's awkward posting something else..... but I just realized I never shared this one yet. I don't have many books that I call grails that I can also conceivably afford..... I felt like I lucked out on this one, having been looking for a decent mid grade copy for years. Ritter posted it on his website late one night and I just happened to be looking...... I don't think my fingers have ever made it through a checkout faster lol .... I've loved Fine for a long time, especially these Nationals for some reason. GOD BLESS....

gIu4yqF.jpg

just my personal opinion but i would get the notes on that ww7 long before considering breaking it out of the slab to inspect. the book looks phenomenal in there and, for me, it would be a bummer to find something with the interior that brings the grade down without knowing about it first.

congrats that was one auction that i imagine nearly all ga collectors were watching.

After a Wonderworld 7, it's awkward posting something else..... but I just realized I never shared this one yet. I don't have many books that I call grails that I can also conceivably afford..... I felt like I lucked out on this one, having been looking for a decent mid grade copy for years. Ritter posted it on his website late one night and I just happened to be looking...... I don't think my fingers have ever made it through a checkout faster lol .... I've loved Fine for a long time, especially these Nationals for some reason. GOD BLESS....

gIu4yqF.jpg

Classic issue and very appropriate this week. Nice grab!

Thanks Dan...... Steve went on vacation about the time I claimed it, and it was pins and needles until it finally got here a few weeks later. I was so glad it didn't get lost in the mail..... it's one of those books that, to me, is better than money..... GOD BLESS....

...the only drawback was having to sell my National 17 plus my undercopy of 18 to scrape together the funds..... wouldn't mind 2 copies of 18.... but it went to a good friend, and I'm sure I'd have visiting privileges .......

I've seen maybe 8-10 copies over the years. There's the Church, the SF, and then a bunch of beaters. That was the first true mid-grade copy I've seen. Had I seen it first I would have snatched it up, so I'm glad it went to you!