• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

.....one FINE Thread..... post those LOU FINE'S..........
3 3

365 posts in this topic

One of his Finest covers!

FullSizeRender19_zpshgashoch.jpg

+1

Obviously a man with impeccable taste. (thumbs u

Absolutely love the detailed artwork on this classic cover and have always thought it was undervalued as compared to some of his other noted classic covers such as Wonderworld 8 and Mystery Men 3.

Speaking of detailed artwork, another Fine cover which I feel is underappreciated is the cover for Hit Comics #1. Nobody ever seems to point this one out, but I think it is an absolutely gorgeous rendering and Fine once again at his best. :cloud9:

I have terrible taste but I still love this book.

NAT7-F.jpg

That's a very nice copy.

Fully agree that this classic is waaaay undervalued in the Guide. The book shows up rarely for sale - the last one I saw, Harley had it last year, restored, and it still sold for multiples of Guide in grade.

I certainly paid a pretty penny for my CGC 7.5, and was more than happy to do so... :)

I have to admit, that's one of my favorite Lou Fine covers, and yes, a very tough book. :headbang:

One of his Finest covers!

FullSizeRender19_zpshgashoch.jpg

+1

Obviously a man with impeccable taste. (thumbs u

Absolutely love the detailed artwork on this classic cover and have always thought it was undervalued as compared to some of his other noted classic covers such as Wonderworld 8 and Mystery Men 3.

Speaking of detailed artwork, another Fine cover which I feel is underappreciated is the cover for Hit Comics #1. Nobody ever seems to point this one out, but I think it is an absolutely gorgeous rendering and Fine once again at his best. :cloud9:

I have terrible taste but I still love this book.

NAT7-F.jpg

That's a very nice copy.

Fully agree that this classic is waaaay undervalued in the Guide. The book shows up rarely for sale - the last one I saw, Harley had it last year, restored, and it still sold for multiples of Guide in grade.

I certainly paid a pretty penny for my CGC 7.5, and was more than happy to do so... :)

I believe the repeated unsuccessful attempts to auction the Church 9.6 copy of this book over a few years certainly did not help the valuation of this book.

I believe it was initially sold for over $20K back in the early 2000's and then went unsold for a few years after that before finally reselling for something like only $12K after the fourth attempt. I believe the Fine collectors were finally happy that it was able to find a good home after such a long time. (thumbs u

If it ever comes back to market now after being away for so long, I am quite sure the book will have no problems doing really well in this current market environment. :cloud9:

Well, to ease the uncertainty and doubt that must still be swirling around in his head, I would be more than happy to sacrifice myself and take that load off his mind.

But only at the price that he had paid you since I am going out of my way to help him out of his dilemma so that he can finally sleep peacefully at night. :takeit:lol

You wouldn't even have to give me money. You have a book I want desperately.

Even if I go as far away as Allentown, it would still be a complete mystery to men like me to figure out exactly what book you are talking about, even if I spend 10 years thinking about it. hmlol

^^

Richard;

I'll PM you my mailing address and you can ship off the Hit 11 to me.

I think that will just about cover my storage and safekeeping charges which I've had to incur for your pending copy of Mystery Men 10 over the past 20+ years. :)

Richard;

I think that will just about cover my storage and safekeeping charges which I've had to incur for your pending copy of Mystery Men 10 over the past 20+ years. :)

:o

Richard;

I think that will just about cover my storage and safekeeping charges which I've had to incur for your pending future copy (if the price is right :grin: ) of Mystery Men 10 over the past 20+ years. :)

My bad........since I don't want Steve to have a heart attack, I've corrected my terminology above.

i've not posted this one, because i believe it to be a tuska cover, but others have AND the label says lou, so, in the interest of keeping this thread moving, i give you this weird book. further, even it it's wrong, it's wright.

weird1_1.jpg

Richard;

I think that will just about cover my storage and safekeeping charges which I've had to incur for your pending future copy (if the price is right :grin: ) of Mystery Men 10 over the past 20+ years. :)

My bad........since I don't want Steve to have a heart attack, I've corrected my terminology above.

I had the heart attack...

i've not posted this one, because i believe it to be a tuska cover, but others have AND the label says lou, so, in the interest of keeping this thread moving, i give you this weird book. further, even it it's wrong, it's wright.

weird1_1.jpg

The mans face there does look a little Tuska like. hm

Does Mystery Men #6 finally get noted as a Tuska cover on the CGC label?

Edited by Nerv

weird1_1.jpg

You know I love that one! It's certainly not Fine.but all kinds of cool.

This thread has inspired me to change my board name,and here is the book I used for the new avatar.

I just love this cover...

IMG_0289_zpsfkz8pkbg.jpg

Can't stop looking at this one Russ. Great book.