• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

.....one FINE Thread..... post those LOU FINE'S..........
3 3

365 posts in this topic

hit11.jpg

:luhv:

Hardly ever see this book,let alone in such stunning condition!

+1 Yes, a definite keeper here! :cloud9:

Absolutely love the use of the red and yellows on this cover and the details on the animals!

Have always personally considered this to be a classic cover long before it was broken out in the guide and designated as such by Overstreet. Was always hoping to find a HG copy of this book for my collection, but was unsuccessful before the book moved out of my price range. :(

Yeah, that's a real stunner. :applause:

Regret passing on it, but I'm glad that puppy ended up with Ritchy. The owner probably came away with some super kewl books in trade. win/win (thumbs u

hit11.jpg

:luhv:

Hardly ever see this book,let alone in such stunning condition!

i had to talk him into grabbing it!

Well, to ease the uncertainty and doubt that must still be swirling around in his head, I would be more than happy to sacrifice myself and take that load off his mind.

But only at the price that he had paid you since I am going out of my way to help him out of his dilemma so that he can finally sleep peacefully at night. :takeit:lol

Well, to ease the uncertainty and doubt that must still be swirling around in his head, I would be more than happy to sacrifice myself and take that load off his mind.

But only at the price that he had paid you since I am going out of my way to help him out of his dilemma so that he can finally sleep peacefully at night. :takeit:lol

You wouldn't even have to give me money. You have a book I want desperately.

FullSizeRender16_zpsltbjkclh.jpg

Another killer splash..

FullSizeRender14_zpsipkl2k4z.jpg

I think this is one of the greatest Fine panel pages. The original art for this page exists,and it's one the most stunning things I have ever seen.

FullSizeRender15_zpsv2vulcoj.jpg

These Cracks don't have Lou Fine covers, but open the cover and kapow!! Some of the best interior art of the GA imho.

FullSizeRender12_zpshypwldgo.jpg

FullSizeRender13_zpsai7cybvx.jpg

:golfclap:

..... a Lou Fine OMNIBUS would be such a sublime thing :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Wonderful Lou Fine artwork. :applause:

Totally agree. Thanks for posting those splashes,Russ.

Even if I go as far away as Allentown, it would still be a complete mystery to men like me to figure out exactly what book you are talking about, even if I spend 10 years thinking about it. hmlol

Wonderful Lou Fine artwork. :applause:

Totally agree. Thanks for posting those splashes,Russ.

Happy to share them,Richard. It's been a while,so you may not remember,but I bought the Crack 17 from you along with this Smash. Wish you had some more Qualitys.

FullSizeRender17_zpsgxbityt0.jpg

Looks like the Smash needs a press... lol Another beautiful Fine splash.

FullSizeRender18_zpsfcizzfhy.jpg

..... a Lou Fine OMNIBUS would be such a sublime thing :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

If such a thing existed,it would have a permanent home on my nightstand for sure!

Even if I go as far away as Allentown, it would still be a complete mystery to men like me to figure out exactly what book you are talking about, even if I spend 10 years thinking about it. hmlol

^^

One of his Finest covers!

FullSizeRender19_zpshgashoch.jpg

+1

Obviously a man with impeccable taste. (thumbs u

Absolutely love the detailed artwork on this classic cover and have always thought it was undervalued as compared to some of his other noted classic covers such as Wonderworld 8 and Mystery Men 3.

Speaking of detailed artwork, another Fine cover which I feel is underappreciated is the cover for Hit Comics #1. Nobody ever seems to point this one out, but I think it is an absolutely gorgeous rendering and Fine once again at his best. :cloud9:

After enjoying all these covers its to bad he died while only a handful of collectors were aware of his great talent.Had he lived a few more years he probably would have seen much more of the spotlight on his works.

Edited by Nerv

+1

Absolutely love the detailed artwork on this classic cover and have always thought it was undervalued as compared to some of his other noted classic covers such as Wonderworld 8 and Mystery Men 3.

Speaking of detailed artwork, another Fine cover which I feel is underappreciated is the cover for Hit Comics #1. Nobody ever seems to point this one out, but I think it is an absolutely gorgeous rendering and Fine once again at his best. :cloud9:

I have terrible taste but I still love this book.

NAT7-F.jpg

+1

I have terrible taste but I still love this book.

NAT7-F.jpg

That's a very nice copy.

Fully agree that this classic is waaaay undervalued in the Guide. The book shows up rarely for sale - the last one I saw, Harley had it last year, restored, and it still sold for multiples of Guide in grade.

I certainly paid a pretty penny for my CGC 7.5, and was more than happy to do so... :)