• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pokemon Go

181 posts in this topic

Driver playing Pokemon Go slams into parked police car. :facepalm:

http://c.brightcove.com/services/mobile/streaming/index/master.m3u8?videoId=5043336270001

link doesn't work for me, but that's strange. I was under the impression the app only works at walking speed and doesn't work at driving speed.

http://c.brightcove.com/services/mobile/streaming/index/master.m3u8?videoId=5043336270001

link doesn't work for me, but that's strange. I was under the impression the app only works at walking speed and doesn't work at driving speed.

app works fine

just dont' get credit for eggs at high speed. and you can't activate pokestops easily because you get too far away too quickly. but they probably should put some type of restriction for high speed, but then people on trains or passengers in cars might miss out

DDoS attacks are becoming common. A lot of people crying about it, but I actually agree with them.

No reason to take something down just for the hell of it.

Caught an Eevee and a Squirtle in my own house this morning. I consider myself very lucky. :grin: I'm also now level 5, which means I can challenge the gym that is at my place of work.

I'm level 16, fun diversion...don't let anyone tell you that driving doesn't open eggs...just takes longer. Will be nice when they figure a way to sell your Pokémon for $$$. Trading should help bring that about.

Edited by krighton

Caught an Eevee and a Squirtle in my own house this morning. I consider myself very lucky. :grin: I'm also now level 5, which means I can challenge the gym that is at my place of work.

I'm level 16, fun diversion...don't let anyone tell you that driving doesn't open eggs...just takes longer. Will be nice when they figure a way to sell your Pokémon for $$$. Trading should help bring that about.

Had I the insight to buy Nintendo stock beforehand.

Think of the implications for corporations for this game. Want a stop at your business pay this amount? Nintendo can hold places for the highest bidder if they want.

I work for a company with a strong Asian influence. Just wait till that app hits Japan. I don't care how many servers they bring online it wont be enough. Ive had Asian co-worker bring piles of tiny pokemon to meeting and just lay them out on the desk. Its a religion over there. :ohnoez:

That link doesn't work on PCs. It just downloaded something on Chrome that I promptly deleted before my computer self-destructed. :fear:

Driving only works when you are going a really slow speed (reports of <20km an hour so call that like 12-13mph for you Americans).

Several sites are already expecting to sell profiles and more.

Kijiji (Craigslist) has ads up offering to training, drive, walk and provide opportunities to pick up cool pokemon.

Driving only works when you are going a really slow speed (reports of <20km an hour so call that like 12-13mph for you Americans).

Kijiji (Craigslist) has ads up offering to training, drive, walk and provide opportunities to pick up cool pokemon.

Quite a few accounts were sold on ebay alread. Although Ebay usually cancel's those listings. Similar to what happened with Warcraft accounts. I was tempted when I saw a level 22 account go for $1,500.

Edited by nismo350z

Haven't really tested it, but I have had an egg hatch while moving in a car (not from the start, but pushed over the mark to hatch it).

Servers appear to be better today so far. Looking forward to some hunting after work today. There are several "hotspots" within about 15 mins where there are multiple pokestops constantly being lured.

Quite a few accounts were sold on ebay alread. Although Ebay usually cancel's those listings. Similar to what happened with Warcraft accounts. I was tempted when I saw a level 22 account go for $1,500.

okay i'm sorry if this is a dumb question.... but $1500 for a higher level character?... is the game all that?

okay i'm sorry if this is a dumb question.... but $1500 for a higher level character?... is the game all that?

Whoever paid that much is stupid. Basically the higher the level you are the higher the guys you can catch. By having high level guys you can take over the local gyms. Taking over the gym gives you 10 coins per gym you own at the time (up to 10 gyms) per 21 hrs so in theory if your strong you can own 10 at the same time and collect 100 coins. The coins are the currency in game which you can pay for. 100 coins = $1.39.