• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pokemon Go

181 posts in this topic

:o

This person found Pikachu on his brother's grave. Twitter text translates (roughly) to: "My brother loved Pikachu. He had a Pikachu Tomb (Rhea is a Pikachu in Pokemon GO)"

nrXqeqc.png

crazy...I actually play it and drive my son around in the afternoons so he can grab new stuff. He's in charge of both phones :lol:

My guy is a level 12 but man does the game blow through battery. Worse than just using my GPS to find places.

Edited by krighton

Anybody want to share what they've caught? None of mine are really that powerful since I'm still only level 7.

tTkSNLjl.png

Here's my son's highest combat power.

IMG_25331_zpsletwdvbs.png

And here's his "high numbers" which he tells me is more important.

IMG_25341_zpsan2wpy4u.png

What a difference a day makes. Here's the update he texted me today after we walked around the lake last night. He also let me know he's walked almost 50k since the game came out. It's worth every penny of the cost data is going to be:

IMG_25351_zpsjc2zggyk.png

there's people around us with way too many high level ones. this is as good as I can get so far.

pokemon_zpswfzchp8x.png

Edited by krighton

my 2 10km eggs hatched today...I'm lvl 9 and I got an Electobuzz (its weak but cool) and a Jynx...already had a few of them so this one was a bust.

One of my eggs disappeared instead of hatching. Only a 2km egg, but still. To make matters worse, it still counted as a use for the incubator I bought. :mad:

21 million downloads, in one week it's the most installed app in history. Waiting for the government to get involved...though Al Franken has already started making noises about privacy issues.

Edited by krighton

my 2 10km eggs hatched today...I'm lvl 9 and I got an Electobuzz (its weak but cool) and a Jynx...already had a few of them so this one was a bust.

One of my eggs disappeared instead of hatching. Only a 2km egg, but still. To make matters worse, it still counted as a use for the incubator I bought. :mad:

Oh the app is stupid glitchy right now. I get server issues daily and have to app kill it but hell its fun and brings back my early years.

Oh the app is stupid glitchy right now. I get server issues daily and have to app kill it but hell its fun and brings back my early years.

we have an outside mall that has 16 pokestops...the app just jerks and freezes constantly....guessing it can't handle all the data updates.

What is this all about...

I've never played anything Pokemon before and would it cause too much of a distraction from Simpsons Tapped Out?

I tapped out of the Simpsons (hehe) and I'm barely doing the Deadpool daily in MPQ, so I was looking for a new mobile game.

You walk around with your phone out and the app on, and Pokemon will appear in certain areas. It then switches to your camera, and you throw your balls at them to catch them (teehee).

21.jpg

Any famous or iconic buildings or areas have special Pokemon. A few landmarked buildings in my nabe show up on the map. Wifey caught a special one while we were driving past Citi Field today. You then find a local gym, which in my case is an actual Gold's Gym, and fight other people. I just downloaded it today, seems pretty interesting.

Of course, there's already stories out there about people using the gps function to find and rob people, and I'm looking forward to the inevitable story of someone getting hurt or killed while walking or driving while trying to catch a pikachu. But any game that encourages you to get out and walk around is pretty cool.

A person actually got killed the first, or second day it was released since he wasn't paying attention, and got hit by a car.

doh! Pokemon is hazard to your health. I will make sure my 8 and 10 years old kids to stay away from it.

I've never been so glad to never have involved myself beyond owning three pokemon cards in my life.

I've seen the show, here and there, and was amused to find out it induced seizures in it's early stage.

Oh you Japanese, I envy, yet laugh hysterically at your antics....

BRING BACK AKIRA!!!!!!

What is this all about...

I've never played anything Pokemon before and would it cause too much of a distraction from Simpsons Tapped Out?

I tapped out of the Simpsons (hehe) and I'm barely doing the Deadpool daily in MPQ, so I was looking for a new mobile game.

You walk around with your phone out and the app on, and Pokemon will appear in certain areas. It then switches to your camera, and you throw your balls at them to catch them (teehee).

21.jpg

Any famous or iconic buildings or areas have special Pokemon. A few landmarked buildings in my nabe show up on the map. Wifey caught a special one while we were driving past Citi Field today. You then find a local gym, which in my case is an actual Gold's Gym, and fight other people. I just downloaded it today, seems pretty interesting.

Of course, there's already stories out there about people using the gps function to find and rob people, and I'm looking forward to the inevitable story of someone getting hurt or killed while walking or driving while trying to catch a pikachu. But any game that encourages you to get out and walk around is pretty cool.

A person actually got killed the first, or second day it was released since he wasn't paying attention, and got hit by a car.

doh! Pokemon is hazard to your health. I will make sure my 8 and 10 years old kids to stay away from it.

I believe the 'death' is an urban legend....not to say someone won't die...people die all the time texting and doing things, no difference at all.