• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prize thread for: 4th Annual CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest

447 posts in this topic

Here's the sign up thread. The contest will start on August 2nd, so there is still lots of time to join in the fun.

This thread is the official prize thread. If you'd like to donate something, it would be greatly appreciated. These contests are so much fun, and a nice bonus at the end is the choosing of prizes. The more we donate, the more people can get a prize. (thumbs u

Thanks in advance for your generosity. (worship)

Please note: if you are donating a prize, you will also be responsible for the cost to get that prize the the recipient. Sometimes that means shipping to the US, Canada, and overseas.

Some people don't want to ship outside of their country. That's fine, just make sure you mention it. Again, if you have shipping restrictions, please make them known at the time that you make your donation. This will make things easier come prize-picking time. :grin:

Fantastic Four #5 Incomplete-page missing

I had this graded as a G+ 2.5 and then realized that I screwed up and didn't count the pages when I bought it. The thing is, this book appears to have been sold by Comic Connect earlier, as a G/VG 3.0. At least, that's what the sticker on the backing board says.

IMG_0142_zpsdwqeeqyj.jpg

te8I4SC.jpg

My contribution (shipment within the US on me). I bought this off the rack, so it does have some sentimental value, but enough with those emotions... I am shooting for the last place prize, if you please.

This comic looks better than the "zoom in on the pores image I gave". I will add another mystery comic just for fun though. (thumbs u

JkzFgFg.jpg

Mystery comic added. Based on the middle round comics we just incorrectly graded, CGC will completely ignore the crease in the lower right. :eyeroll:

Here's my meager contribution. Wish I collected more popular stuff.

Daredevil Vol 2 TPB

Wanted TPB

Both excellent reads, shipped to you, on my dime

20160822_172951_zpsn0un8xtz.jpg

Prizes!

Prize #1: Fantastic Four #5 Incomplete-page missing -donated by thirdgreenham

IMG_0142_zpsdwqeeqyj.jpg

Prize #2: Incredible Hulk #3 G+ 2.5 -donated by thirdgreenham

IMG_0139_zpsxxsqkp7w.jpg

Prize #3: Incredible Hulk #4 G+ 2.5 -donated by thirdgreenham

IMG_0140_zpssjx2gz2i.jpg

Prize #4: Incredible Hulk #5 G 2.0 -donated by thirdgreenham

IMG_0141_zps0dioevk5.jpg

Prize #5: Poe Dameron #1 Action Figure Sketch Cover CGC 9.8 -donated by thirdgreenham

IMG_0318_zpsfm9hvqkq.jpg

Prize #6: Amazing Spider-Man #226 CGC 9.0 -donated by Pitboss

asm226%209.0_zpshhejbomq.jpg

Prize #7: Mystery Box *US only* -donated by Azkaban

Prize #8: Giant-Size Super-Heroes #1 (+ another mystery comic) *US shipping included* -donated by Ron C.

GSSH1_zps4kb4e1fp.jpg

Prize #9: (placeholder) -donated by thehumantorch

Prize #10: Absolute Vertigo Winter 95 CGC 9.6 White. It's a preview issue, but technically the first cover appearance of Preacher. *Free shipping in US. Cost minus $10 USD everywhere else.* -donated by HighStakesComics

Prize #11: (Holding for Beuller) -donated by MetalPSI

Prize #12: (I'll think of something) -donated by oakman29

Prize #13: (Of course I'll put something up. What? Who knows cause I don't.) -donated by iceman399

Prize #14: Batman 50-Incomplete, 42 total pages-Two Face story is Complete-Low grade with some staining on the edges -donated by Red84

bat50.1_zps2dstzwbo.jpgbat50.2_zpszuuzxefr.jpg

Prize #15: New Mutants #100 (1st print x 1, 2nd print x 1) -donated by KryptoMayor

newmutants_zpsogofr42t.jpg

Prize #16: (placeholder for something WAY less cool than TGH.......) -donated by W16227

Prize #17: $50 AMAZON GIFT CARD -donated by trmoore54

Prize #18: (Placeholder) -donated by Every Day A Story

Prize #19: (Placeholder) -donated by TheLiamSturgess

Prize #20: Mystery Box! (Couple of GA books, couple 50's books, couple SA books, couple of Bronze #1's, couple of Funny Animals to boot.) *Free shipping to the U S of A, at cost elsewhere.* -donated by catrick339

Prize #21: Batman Adventures #12, MyComicShop graded VF/NM 9.0 -donated by mycomicshop

batadv12_zpsbq5fbtwt.jpg

Prize #22: Strange Tales Marvel Masterworks Hardcover Volume 3-Has full color stories from issues #21-30, still sealed in factory plastic- *Shipping on me anywhere in Canada or US.* -donated by jhutton2

strangetales_zpsxlnateeb.jpgstrangetalesbc_zpsozvey6mb.jpg

Prize #23: The Incredible Hulk TPB 1978 -donated by B2D327

hulk_zps8xhzivcm.jpg

Prize #24: Amazing Spider-Man #89 CGC 7.0 -donated by eeb03

asm89_zpssr1bqobl.jpg

Prize #25: (I'll dig something out that's much less cool than Andy or Conan has offered.) -donated by thunsicker

Prize #26: Harvey NM- File Copy Mystery Box -donated by krighton

Prize #27: a nice copy of DD 168 -donated by MustEatBrains

DD168FrontB_zps4jwe1gsg.jpg

Prize #28: Carnage set! ASM 361-363, all in very nice condition. *Shipping in the US included, and I'll split shipping with Canada. Rest of the world, you pay shipping!* -donated by entalmighty1

asm361_zpsh6grksuu.jpgasm362_zps8xwogsqs.jpgasm363_zpsojvcebfa.jpg

Prize #29: Pick any one of the following:

Darkseid vs. Galactus: The Hunger

Superman: Kal

Superman's Metropolis

Gotham By Gaslight -donated by HeyMoe

DarkseidVsGalactus.jpgSupermanKal.jpgSupermanMetropolis.jpgGothamByGaslight.jpg

Prize #30: Pop! Heroes vinyl figure (The Joker Batman-Batman) *Shipping is free in the US and I'll pay $20 towards international. You will have to wait to get it though. It's on my desk at work and I'm on disability for at least the next 2 months...* -donated by manicnerd

funko_zps8nacvn0i.jpg

Prize #31: Amazing Spider-man #252 9.6 75c Canadian price -donated by Hado

Prize #32: (Place holder) -donated by SonOfWolF

Prize #33: (Hold......) -donated by THB

Prize #34: Frank Frazetta art books, Vol. 2, 3, and 4- Also, lots of nekkid boobies, so must be 18 or over to pick this one. ; )

Vol. 2 is 3rd Ed., and the other two (#3 and #4) are 1st Eds, books are in average condition [would call them FN 6.0 if comics or mags] with a bit of yellowing and some signs of aging; pages themselves are great. Books two and three have very smooth covers, but book four has slight texture to cover (but so does my much newer copy, think they were manufactured that way). *US shipping only please.* -donated by grebal

frazetta_zpszkze1nyi.jpg

Prize #35: (Placeholder) -donated by zuulioso

Prize #36: Brave and the Bold #44 Fine condition. *Shipping included to the US or Canada only.* -donated by rufus t. firefly

batb44_zpsdy7c608n.jpg

Prize #37: $50 via paypal. -donated by comicdonna

Prize #38: a good reader copy of Weird Science 13 (2). Probably a 1.8 -donated by 427Impaler

IMG_1053.jpg

Prize #39: CGC 7.5 copy of X-FACTOR #19 - Appearance of Apocalypse and the Horsemen. -donated by IncredibleHauck

Prize #40: $25 via paypal -donated by marmat

Prize #41: (Place holder) -donated by 1Cool

Prize #42: (Place Holder) -donated by old_dano

Prize #43: (Place holder for a prize.) -donated by FutureFlash

Prize #44: $25 paypal prize -donated by marmat

Prize #45: $25 US via Paypal -donated by FineCollector

Prize #46: (I will be donating something. Placeholder.) -donated by mccollect

Prize #47: Marvel Comics Presents 72 - 84. *I'll cover the shipping to the lucky boardie in Can or US.* -donated by comicsam

IMG_4053.jpg

Bonus Prize #1: $10 store credit with mycomicshop.com to all contest participants who complete 100% of the contest (no skipped submissions). Redeemable when the contest is over by PMing mycomicshop from your account that participated in the contest. -donated by mycomicshop

Fantastic Four #5 Incomplete-page missing

I had this graded as a G+ 2.5 and then realized that I screwed up and didn't count the pages when I bought it. The thing is, this book appears to have been sold by Comic Connect earlier, as a G/VG 3.0. At least, that's what the sticker on the backing board says.

IMG_0142_zpsdwqeeqyj.jpg

I bought a copy that was graded g/vg, Dont know if its missing anything but i might have what you need its with my FF-2 pin-up page missing for some bad reason.